Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Can someone with the Honda Element Keyless Entry installed tell me if it allows for the drivers door ONLY unlock (sometimes called drivers door priority unlock)

Usually activated by pressing the remote once to unlock the drivers door then again (twice total) to unlock all doors.??

This would provide the security of only unlocking the drivers door so that no univited person could open and enter a door on the otherside of the vehicle -

My wife works in a shady area of town and she likes this feature -

I am intending to put an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm in and most systems only offer this feature if it is already a hardwired factory feature that they essentially interface with - usually via a single or double pulse unlock signal from the remote -

all info and advice welcome

thanks
Scottm

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
[quote:3c401903bc="scottm"]Can someone with the Honda Element Keyless Entry installed tell me if it allows for the drivers door ONLY unlock (sometimes called drivers door priority unlock)

Usually activated by pressing the remote once to unlock the drivers door then again (twice total) to unlock all doors.??
[/quote:3c401903bc]

That's exactly how the Honda keyless entry works. It seems nearly impossible to mistakenly unlock all the doors, you have to get the double press timing just right. I usually end up hitting the button about six times in frustration. :)

-brendan

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Not only does the Honda factory Keyless Entry work as you want it to, like brendan said, it is so cheap from H and A (there's a direct link to them on the site here), and so simple to install, you'd be nuts not to go with the Honda unit. It takes all of five minutes to install, and it's already programed, so you don't have to mess around at all. This is your classic "no-brainer"!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmation - one more question guys-

Does the Honda Keyless entry also have the option to lock the doors when the igntion is turned on and unlock when the igneition is turned off??

What other programable or standard features aside from the one in the first question does it provide for??

thanks guys- I am trying to decide if I want to buy an AutoPage 410 alarm /Keyelss Entry and try the more complex install myself for less than $70 (not counting misc. install materials) -or go with the Honda Keyless for the $106 and a simple 10 minute install that is well documented -

Mind you I am not that interested in the alarm theft protection aspect as much as the convienence of the Keyless on the autopage but the added theft protection and the price are making it hard to choose between the two

The honda theft protection security system that is an additional $160 is not that comprehnesive for the price albeit it has very well documented install instructions and the car is more or less pre-wired for it.

Is there a honda ELement Security system owners manual PDF available from any source online ???

what say ye??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ok different slant on the problem - I looked at aftermarket keyless sytems as well and many have alarms (Which I think are anoying - In California an alarm going off on a car is like a sunny day, you never really notice and its almost expected) Also if some one is going to steal it let them get away and chop it up dont let them just maim it

But I have seen these systems as low as $29 and they have tons of functions
Usually too many like trunk release etc
I went for the Honda because of the quality of the keyless FOB actually and its lack of buttons (I know amazing to pick a japanize product because of form)
The keyless entry systems with nice FOBs are all over $100 dollars so it just doesnt make sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts