Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am up here in Canada and waiting for my amazing Orange Element Y. I have asked the dealer to install the keyless entry accessory. The question I have is simple: Does the horn sound when you lock the car? The Element I test drove had keyless entry and the horn did not sound when I locked the car. The lights flashed when I unlocked it, but nothing happened (horn, lights) when I locked. It's great to have the horn sound so I can confirm my car is locked.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Trackboy- I haven't received my keyless system yet, but i can tell you from owning Hondas the last 15 years that they always have the ability to cancel/add a horn beep signal.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
element-j: the true source of all wisdom, thank you sooo much!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm....I would have guessed that...Obviously the dealer did not install the system properly...a push of the button once or twice doesn't flash the lights or beep the horn when locking the car.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good question and I am glad someone asked so that I will know what to look out for. This is a simialr behaviour to my factory security system on my Chev S-10. The first lock command locks the doors, the second sets the security system and sounds the horn. I like doing a double horn blast just for that extra assurance. :D

From what i have seen the security system is a dead snap to install. nd it looks like it's sort of a binary install - either it would work or not work.

Iskie

·
Registered
120 Posts
Keep in mind not all dealers use the Honda keyless. I also wanted an ignition kill so my dealer used an aftermarket one. Mine beeps the horn once when locking and twice when unlocking but this can be altered by a AUX button or the dealer as well. I personal am going to change it to flashing the parking lights because I don't like disturbing others just to lock my doors.

Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts