Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am up here in Canada and waiting for my amazing Orange Element Y. I have asked the dealer to install the keyless entry accessory. The question I have is simple: Does the horn sound when you lock the car? The Element I test drove had keyless entry and the horn did not sound when I locked the car. The lights flashed when I unlocked it, but nothing happened (horn, lights) when I locked. It's great to have the horn sound so I can confirm my car is locked.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Trackboy- I haven't received my keyless system yet, but i can tell you from owning Hondas the last 15 years that they always have the ability to cancel/add a horn beep signal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good question and I am glad someone asked so that I will know what to look out for. This is a simialr behaviour to my factory security system on my Chev S-10. The first lock command locks the doors, the second sets the security system and sounds the horn. I like doing a double horn blast just for that extra assurance. :D

From what i have seen the security system is a dead snap to install. nd it looks like it's sort of a binary install - either it would work or not work.

Iskie

·
Registered
120 Posts
Keep in mind not all dealers use the Honda keyless. I also wanted an ignition kill so my dealer used an aftermarket one. Mine beeps the horn once when locking and twice when unlocking but this can be altered by a AUX button or the dealer as well. I personal am going to change it to flashing the parking lights because I don't like disturbing others just to lock my doors.

Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.