Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Keyless entry system and everything is working great..I think! I do have one question though and that is: when I press the unlock button and do not open any of the doors the keyless system will automatically relock the doors (after 30 seconds) is this a normal feature of the keyless system?

Leaving Alaska in Sep and going to Texas...kinda like going from heaven to hell, but that's life :)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great--thanks for the confirmation.

SOP EX, running boards, trailer hitch, roof rack, locking gas cap, exhaust tip, bug deflector, keyless entry system, wheel locks, K&N filter, tornado air gadget, more to come

· Registered
154 Posts
I installed the Honda-brand keyless entry (bought from H-and-A) yesterday afternoon. It took about 10 minutes from opening the box to having two working and tested remotes. I did not disconnect the battery cable, which sped things up dramatically, and the result is a keyless system that's working perfectly.

For those intending to do this, a flashlight will help find the place where the bracket mounts; it's a bit out of the way but not uncomfortable to reach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.