Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow......I'm so impressed with how easy it was to install the keyless entry. I got the directions off of HandA and boy was it easy. It took me less than 10 minutes to install. I love it and recommend to everyone to get the kit and install for themselves. It is easy to do and it is cool to be able to open the doors without using the key. Peace, Mask

·
Registered
65 Posts
Took me about 25 minutes, but the hole for the bolt on mine was too small and needed to be made larger.

I kept wondering if I was attaching it to the wrong spot, but I couldn't find anywhere for a smaller bolt to mount and the location I was using seemed to match with the pictures I could see in the instructions and on Element-J's site.

·
Registered
42 Posts
how much is the keyless entry elsewhere? I had thought about getting it as a dealer-installed option when i buy mine thursday, but he said it was $150 and they would do it for free. Is that a good deal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I paid $120 and put it in myself - probably would have gone for $150 and having someone else do it, if I'd had the offer. My dealership would have charged an extra $50+, whcih definitely wasn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just picked up the keyless remote and installed last night. (Paid $115 at dealer, after some minor negotiation.) Went in fast. No problems.
Also a 2WD EX Shoreline Mist owner.

Thanks to Element.J for pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine's also on backorder. After waiting for my E for a month and a half, this doesn't thrill me. Also not thrilling was the fact that I had an appointment to get it installed yesterday but it was out of stock, so I drove to the dealership for no reason whatsoever.

Good news is that when they do get it in, they're going to come get my car during the workday, install it, and return it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Make sure you order it from one of the Honda sites vs. the dealer. My dealer wanted $150 for it, but it's ~$105 on most sites...

Unfortunately, the price of my still-on-backorder keyless entry was included in the total I financed, so if I cancel it now, it wouldn't save me any money. <argh>

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a keyless entry on ebay and also got a security system from the same seller. (Both of these are on backorder)

Also just got a roof rack, also found on ebay, which my dealer had on backorder.

(BTW - I am selling the back part of my carpet on ebay right now)

·
Registered
82 Posts
My keyless arrived today from Handa. It took about 3 weeks. My personalized plate arrive today to! Pretty simple install but it took a couple of tries to program the remotes. How did I live without it?

- CK

·
Registered
74 Posts
My honda dealership offered me the Checkmate security system since the honda one was on back order. It's terrific. But everyone should ask what their dealership will do for them if it's on back order!!!
Did you get your E in Tampa, FL? I also got the Checkmate system, which I like as well, as part of my "deal". Just wondering if this was a local or national thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the keyless remote from HandA. I found the instructions a little confusing. I couldn't find the spot that I was supposed to bolt the bracket to. I asked a friend who had installed one already and he said to forget about the bracket.... just find the green plug... plug it in... and use a zip tie to secure the thing. He also said to forget about undoing the battery. I wish I hadn't taken the battery cable loose because it's a hassle digging to find the security code for the radio which you can't use afterward... and figuring out how to reset the auto-up-down window controls.

I'm really PO'd at my dealer. They told me that I couldn't install it myself. I'm glad I found this website. I didn't mind spending 120 dollars, but taking time from work to go to the dealer was not going to happen any time soon.

Now to order that roof rack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.