Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the keyless entry system in my new Element. Thanks to the superb "how to" directions, and pictures by Element J, the installation was a snap. :D I just hope my luck holds out for the alarm system install later this week.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for my keyless entry. I ordered it 5 weeks ago thinking it may arrive before my E, but the E was early.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:5c6a030295="mamasan"]where did you get the keyless entry device and how easy was it to install?[/quote:5c6a030295]

I got my keyless entry and alarm at: http://www.handaaccessories.com/

Real easy to install, honest!

Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Remove the fuse access cover below the steering wheel.
Attach the module to the bracket, and bolt it into it's designated spot - the bracket and bolt are included in the kit.
Connect the 5 pin connector (already under the dash).
Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
Program the remotes.

The remote programming routine looks a bit complex, but once you get into the rhythm it is easy. FWIW, I got it programmed on the first try.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I installed my H-and-A provided keyless entry module yesterday afternoon. It took about 10 minutes from opening the box to having two working and tested remotes. I did not disconnect the battery cable, which sped things up dramatically, and the result is a keyless system that's working perfectly.

For those intending to do this, a flashlight will help find the place where the bracket mounts; it's a bit out of the way but not uncomfortable to reach.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi...

We were scheduled to have the dealer install this type of system for about $600, but they messed up and just put the alarm in...no remotes...etc. I don't really want to take it back and chance another mistake.

I think we'll be better off to do the work ourselves and know it was done correctly.

What do we need to convert this 2005 LX to a remote keyless with a panic button alarm (hopefully it would set off the horn)?

Thanks for any help and thanks for your current posts.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts