Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had nothing but expenses and disappointments with the door locks on my 03 Element. Now both driver's and passanger's side locks are out, so I'm considering a keyless entry system.
I've never worked with one before, so I'm wondering if those too go out easily, especially if I'm carrying the device on my keyring and my cluster of keys gets jostled around a lot.
For example, I've tried carrying many a different kind of tiny flashlight on my keychain, but I've always ruined them pretty quickly. They bump around with other stuff in my purse, and unfortunately I have a lot of keys in that cluster to begin with which probably doesn't help.
It would be a real bummer if I couldn't get into my locked car because the electronics of the keyless system on my keyring went out. I wonder if that happens much.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
First of all don't have a lot of keys together hanging in the ignition as it will ruin it and thats a very expensive repair. I have a few keys and keep them in my pocket with change and it gets banged around a lot and still keeps ticking. The factory system is easy to install and you can get it at HandA here on the site.

·
12,180 Posts
My remotes are almost 4 years old. And with the exception of the yearly battery replacement i have yet to have an issue with them and i am rough on my key rings. If you ever were in the situation that you did not have a working remote you can still open the rear hatch with a key asl long as it is the master key and not the grey valet key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts