·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I was wondering if it's worth it...:?
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-KEYLESS-ENTRY-MINI-WIRELESS-NUMBER-KEYPAD-SYSTEM
What do you think?

Bert
Keyless Entry
Genuine Factory Honda Element Keyless Entry, 2 Super-heterodyne controllers lock and unlock doors remotely. Includes 2 remotes and attachment kit.
Fits 2003 DX and EX models and 2004 DX and LX and 2005-06 LX

- View Delivery Time & Cost Availability:
View Installation Instructions

View Remote Programming Instructions

Honda's Retail $158.00
Discount Price $112.80
Stock Replacement Remote
Fits 2004 - 2009 EX & SC models and 2007-2009 LX Only
Genuine Factory Honda Element Replacment Factory Remote. This is the stock remote that the models listed above come with from the factory. It isn't compatible with the keyless entry system sold above. Sold Individually.
- View Delivery Time & Cost Availability:
View Remote Programming Instructions

Honda's Retail $69.18
Discount Price $51.89

Is it worth it to save $35?
The factory one (shown here from H and A) is plug and play, designed for the E, and doesn't involve drilling holes in your door, trying to jam that monster control box under the dash, run the wires, or remove the door panel to install...

Other than that...it's your E...

Besides...and this is the strange thing...your 07 SC came with keyless standard...why would you want to install the other one??

(send a PM to Lizzurd, and ask about a Canadian source for parts...)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
This may sound silly, but are you sure it's an SC?

You may be the 2nd owner, but where did you buy it?
If you got it from a dealer, then definitely go back to them...
They will often try to blame the previous owners, saying that all the keys were not turned in, but that's not your problem...they should be ensuring that all standard equipment items are included when you buy it.

And if you have the PDI, are you sure it's for your vehicle? Compare the VIN's
And this may not be the PDI from the original owners inspection, but from your inspection, before they sold it to you, so of course the keyless is not on there, since you obviously don't have it...what is the date of the PDI...?

·
Registered
836 Posts
First time i checked i thought i didnt have the black box, then i read the install instructions and found out that if there isnt a black box there should atleast be a hanging wire. I got to looking for the hanging wire/blue taped wire and realized the black box was there the whole time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Are you sure it's an '07
http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/element/2007/specifications.aspx

All 2007 Elements have keyless entry as a standard feature. Go back to the dealer and have them give you the remotes.

You should have 2 remotes and 3 keys. 2 of those keys will have the black trim and open all doors and 1 of those keys will have the grey trim and is called a valet key, it should not open the glove box or the hatch.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Take the PDI form you have, back to the original dealer, and ask them where your keyless entry is...

Since it's supposed to be standard equipment, and the PDI you have doesn't have it, then they delivered the vehicle missing a standard item...

Can't hurt to try...:| :-D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This may sound silly, but are you sure it's an SC?

You may be the 2nd owner, but where did you buy it?
If you got it from a dealer, then definitely go back to them...
They will often try to blame the previous owners, saying that all the keys were not turned in, but that's not your problem...they should be ensuring that all standard equipment items are included when you buy it.

And if you have the PDI, are you sure it's for your vehicle? Compare the VIN's
And this may not be the PDI from the original owners inspection, but from your inspection, before they sold it to you, so of course the keyless is not on there, since you obviously don't have it...what is the date of the PDI...?

Yeah,i'm sure it's a SC:roll:
The PDI IS from the original owners inspection,the VIN is good,and the date is just one day before the delivery of the original owner.

Bert

·
Registered
836 Posts
Call that dealership and explain to them the situation, offer to fax/mail the inspection form in and prove it wasn't there. If they offer to have it installed tell them your not driving that far for it and will either pay shipping yourself or ask them to ship it to you, knowing how easy it is to install they might let you get away with it.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Call that dealership and explain to them the situation, offer to fax/mail the inspection form in and prove it wasn't there. If they offer to have it installed tell them your not driving that far for it and will either pay shipping yourself or ask them to ship it to you, knowing how easy it is to install they might let you get away with it.

Good luck in getting the dealership to pony up 2 remotes and a keyless unit for a vehicle that was bought used off the original owner. Replacing anything that was missing would have been the dealerships responsibilty at the time of sale....Not three years later and not to the second owner of the vehicle.

·
Registered
510 Posts
my guess is you have keyless... you just need remotes with the codes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'd go to the place I bought the car and get the remotes and keys from them. Make them do the leg work as they sold the car to you, and I'd think you expected all of the bits and pieces to the car. I'd make them come up with keys are remotes. It's their responsibility to provide them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have called the head office of honda Canada about my case,i told him that i have the PDI that show me that the keyless have never been on the truck and i would like to have it because each Element of 07' and up have it as standard equipment .

After 15 minutes of discussion, he told me that he doubt that the original Dealer have remove the keyless system and he will call them to know what happen with this truck.

I don't think the dealer will remember my truck beacause the inspection have been made in october 2006....

The guy at Honda Canada will call me back

I already know the answer...I will have to buy one:x

Bert

1 - 20 of 21 Posts