Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a deal on a keyless remote for my 03? Just got my newer set of wheels and I didn't realize there was no keyless entry - bummer!!!

Checked out Ebay and I'm not sure about ordering electronics.

thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yes you will need more than just a remote more than likely too if it is an 03 since it wasnt standard on the EX until 04. it was an option in 03 but if you dont have the little black keyless box under the dash near the steering column then a remote will do no good.

·
Registered
244 Posts
H and A

I have an 03 ex. For about 100 bucks I bought a kit from H and A. All it is is two key fobs and a small black box that plugs right in under the dash. I followed the directions and it took about 10 minutes to install and program.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How do you know if your 2003 Element is a DX OR EX ? Mine is the type with the center woofer for radio.

I'd like to buy the feyless entry and the version for sale works for DX & EX

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
74 Posts
i went with the oem opener, thanks

i realized that it's something I use numerous times a day and the honda transmitter is familiar to me cause I had a civic.

question while i wait for it to ship:

do the parking lights flash or anything when you lock? horn chirp? I know how it would be if there was an alarm but I'll just have the opener

thanks.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
thank you buddy for that info.

so it works just like my civic did. I didn't know because I thought maybe the horn option was a part of the alarm (my element doesn't have alarm)

should be here tomorrow. I'm excited.

My E's drivers side lock is finicky and you have to insert the key very slowly for it to work so i'll be glad just to push a button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts