Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is only about a month old and already I've got a problem with this keyless remote. I hope it's just stupidity on my part. It will unlock the car just fine, but it won't lock it. Any suggestions! Anything to avoid driving back to the dealership to get it serviced!

Thank you!:|

·
12,179 Posts
My car is only about a month old and already I've got a problem with this keyless remote. I hope it's just stupidity on my part. It will unlock the car just fine, but it won't lock it. Any suggestions! Anything to avoid driving back to the dealership to get it serviced!

Thank you!:|

Make sure the hatch is closed tightly. If the hatch is not closed properly the doors will not lock.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was going to say, it sounds like the same problem I've been having as of late (I posted in these very same subforms about it) but looking at your profile, you're rocking an '10.

Honestly, I'd bring it into the dealer you bought it from and see what they can do (I assume it's still under warranty). Might have to reprogram/insert a new battery into the remote.

Strange that it would unlock but not lock...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome to the club and yes check the rear hatch and the right door as anyone of them will cause it not to lock.

·
Registered
730 Posts
From my experience, if any of the doors are ajar the remote will not let you lock the doors.

***EDIT*** I have never tried to manually lock the doors while another door is ajar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello. I just received my new keyless entry remote and am unable to program the system no matter how many times i try. The red light flashes on the remote when i press the buttons so batt is good. 2003 element does not respond. Would anybody happen to know of a way to check that car is working properly? Locks do not make a noise at all while attempting programming. is there a fuse? or relay i could check? Thank you .

·
12,179 Posts
Hello. I just received my new keyless entry remote and am unable to program the system no matter how many times i try. The red light flashes on the remote when i press the buttons so batt is good. 2003 element does not respond. Would anybody happen to know of a way to check that car is working properly? Locks do not make a noise at all while attempting programming. is there a fuse? or relay i could check? Thank you ]

Did you previously have a working remote? I'm the remote you have the correct one for the vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keyless remote issue here too

I installed a keyless unit in my 03, to solve for the driver door lock failing. The system worked for a year. Then started balking. Driver door will not unlock. Pass door will (second click), sometimes. Rear hatch is reliable.

Question: are there individual sensors in the doors? Or is the sensor, or rather the receiver the part I put in under the dash? Meaning, if one door (hatch) will unlock, then the sensor is fine, and it's the lock actuators in the doors that are bad... ?

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I installed a keyless unit in my 03, to solve for the driver door lock failing. The system worked for a year. Then started balking. Driver door will not unlock. Pass door will (second click), sometimes. Rear hatch is reliable.

Question: are there individual sensors in the doors? Or is the sensor, or rather the receiver the part I put in under the dash? Meaning, if one door (hatch) will unlock, then the sensor is fine, and it's the lock actuators in the doors that are bad... ?

Thanks
You are correct. If the remote receiver is properly receiving the unlock signal and is unlocking any of the doors then it is processing the command correctly. If individual doors are not working properly then the fault is likely due to the failed door lock actuator/latch assembly in that door or in the flexible wiring from the door post to the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the verification Rusted.
I wonder why the actuators would go bad so soon after installing the keyless receiver, when they've worked perfectly for over ten years....

·
Registered
8 Posts
in addition to without a doubt check a corner hatch plus the suitable doorway because any individual of them causes this to not fasten.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts