Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after seeing bh241's mod of the intermittent wiper and the utilization of the factory fuse box's capabilities i am looking to see if he knows (Or anyone else) if the factory keyless will recogonize the signal from our tl flip key mod's trunk pop button. Basically i want to be able to use the button for trunk pop with the aftermarket actuator installed but it could be used for pretty much anything IF there is an output in the fusebox for it since the keyless box sends the signal to the under dash fusebox via data. i havent had a chance to test the existing empty pins in the box yet and i will when i get a chance but i wasnt sure if anyone had contacts that had this internal information or had thought of this themselves. If i find anything out on it i will post, and if you know of it then please share. thanks guys and girls.

·
Registered
162 Posts
that would be a cool mod if you can get it to work.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so last weekend i tested every single output from open pins available in the fuebox and NOTHING. then today i do some more digging and see that the 01-05 civic fusebox is remarkably similar (if not the same exact thing)to the elements fusebox but those cars have no trunk pop either. looks like the intermitant wipers are in the same connector in the same pin locations as those year civics so this explains why the intermittant wiper mod works, and why after testing the whole thing there are no trunk outputs, because there wasnt one on the civic. looks like a no go, but if those year civics had anything that you would like to see on your e electrically then it is probably possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts