Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here is one of the projects we did while my little brother was down. I wanted to teach him the right way to do stuff since i knew he would end up like me and doing things from himself and for friends and i didnt want him going about it the wrong way. first i had him do the rear speakers which were no big task but we had to get a little creative since the kappas came with the little crossover already attached to the coax speakers. then cam the fun part, the amp.

pic 1: passenger kickpanel and all the speaker connections being made to go back to the amp in the rear

pic 2: 3/4" MDF panel we made by copying the spare tire cover

pic 3: rca power and speaker wire ran back to the amp. Yes that is a very rare 6 channel Tsunami 8.9 series RCA cable. they were specially made for Circuit City's display boards and i bought out the local store in daytona's roadshop. :)

pic 4: wires being finished up before mounting.

pic 5: amp mounted to the under side of the tire cover we made VIA machind screws into T nuts. wood screws into the bottom of the mdf would fail over time.

pic 6: finished product. nice and flush with cinder colored carpet to match the factory SC carpet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you ground to? Looks like it might be down in the well but Im not sure.
see where the little white plastic flap is on the botom right part of the fourth picture? i used a wire wheel to take an existing hole down to bare metal and thru bolted it cause using screws/self tappers arent good enough for something that draws as much current as the amp does. fine for alarms, radios etc, just not this part.

·
Registered
79 Posts
see where the little white plastic flap is on the botom right part of the fourth picture? i used a wire wheel to take an existing hole down to bare metal and thru bolted it cause using screws/self tappers arent good enough for something that draws as much current as the amp does. fine for alarms, radios etc, just not this part.
thanks, I think I understand what you are referring to, once i get home from work today im gunna take a look back there..

thanks as always

1 - 7 of 7 Posts