Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make sense to use Midbass speakers in the rear? Since the rear is typically used for fill and low frequencies are non-directional, wouldn't it be an ideal application for the Element? Especially if you have component speakers in the front, a rear midbass would effectively make it a 3-way component system. It would also serve to reinforce the lower frequencies and balance out the soundstage?

Does any of this make any sense or have I been sniffing too much glue while waiting for my Element?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
w00t!!! I finally got something right!! Do I get a gold star? :p [/img]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Too funny..... unfortunately its time for my stupidity to rear its head yet again. In my excitement to do the mandatory Dance of Joy (not unlike a solo performance of the River Dance sans fruity tights), I forgot to ask who else makes midbass speakers for car use. The only two I have found so far are Kenwood and Kicker.

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:edd7a7c103="Silk"]:D Too funny..... unfortunately its time for my stupidity to rear its head yet again. In my excitement to do the mandatory Dance of Joy (not unlike a solo performance of the River Dance sans fruity tights), I forgot to ask who else makes midbass speakers for car use. The only two I have found so far are Kenwood and Kicker.[/quote:edd7a7c103]

Dear "Lord of the Pants" :lol: ;

There are lots of midbass-only drivers you can buy. Just about every speaker manufacturer offers them.

If you can tell me the price range are you looking at, I can offer you specific suggestions.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O Giver of Stars,

I am buying a set of CDT Audio CL-61 for $150 for the front so something along those lines would be good +/- 50 smackers. Please keep in mind I will be using factory amp initially and may not upgrade the amp at all depending ongoing negotiations with management (aka wife).

I am also a little concerned with cutout diameters as both the Kenwood and the Kicker require ~5 5/8". If there is something closer to the standard size for a 6 1/2" speaker (I think ~5 1/16") that would be nice as I wouldn't have to get jiggy with rear orifices.

·
Registered
957 Posts
CDT Makes great stuff and I'd recommend you stick with them. They offer a great midbass driver (the CL-6) in your price range - in fact they're selling for $89 with free shipping at Mainstreet Audio right now.

If you're scared of the 6.5" size - get the CL-5 (it's 5.25") for $81 shipped from the same place.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the following page to see the speakers I'm referring to...

http://mainstreet-audio.com/cdtaudio/cdt_midrange_drivers.shtml

BTW - Mainstreet Audio is an authorized dealer of CDT Audio products so the full factory 3 year warranty applies (in case you were concerned).

Rock on. 8)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obi-Wan of car audio expenditures,

While looking for different ways to spend money at Main Street Audio (and personally boost the saggy economy), I noticed the 2002 CL-61's for $130 only. So I have to ask o' sagacious one, what the bloody frig is the difference between 2003 and 2002 models except for the price and the funky red paint job that I'll never see.

BTW, aren't the CL-6's the same as the 6.5" in the CL-61 components? If so, would I need to rig a bandpass filter for the rear since I got no tweeters or fine tuning options on the factory amp?

Grasshopper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts