Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one of their headers for my sons RSX after reading about the power their header makes for the money. So I emailed them about one for the E. Below is the reply I got back.

"I can do it, but i would need 50-60 people preordered to go onto production. Cost would be $350 per header, it can be a modified version of my rsx header that I can make on your car

I would need 1-2 months after mockup for delivery.

I would need people pre-ordered to convince me the market is big enough. I can't make 20-30 units at a time I do minimum 150 units. I would need to have roughly 1/3 presold to convince me it's worth the investment"

I know hes asking for alot of orders but he seems to be more ready to deal with us then DC Sports is as far a starting to build them.
So who would be interested in getting one of these headers? Post up & ill add ppl to the list.

1 NC-B17A = Me

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know but all I can do is try & if no one is interested i'll delete this in a cpl days.

·
Registered
590 Posts
looks like a really nice part, I just paid someone MANY monies to custom build headers for a customer's project. can't say it's in the budget for my E though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
thats a lot of money for a modified version of a header that he already makes, and only 6 horse power& 2 pounds feet torque. but looks like what I was wanting to do to a rsx header that sells for about 60 on flebay with shipping.yes I know the welds will break thats why I have stainless wire in my wirefeed mig, modify/weld everything good add supports,vroomm zoom zoom zoom,oops thats 4 a mazda:razz: either way thats a lot for a prepaid unit.& what size tubes will he use?rember the rsx is 2 ltre not 2.4 + its lighter+defrent rpm range,defrent cams, probly defrent gear raito in TRANS too. just thinken out loud, it's something that needs thinken about. If all my ducks were standing still in a line & my bug was finished & house,& had a spare E to do.then that frog might not bump his but when he lands.& I might be able to build one. oops there I go thinking again sorry:shock:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats a lot of money for a modified version of a header that he already makes, and only 6 horse power& 2 pounds feet torque. but looks like what I was wanting to do to a rsx header that sells for about 60 on flebay with shipping.yes I know the welds will break thats why I have stainless wire in my wirefeed mig, modify/weld everything good add supports,vroomm zoom zoom zoom,oops thats 4 a mazda:razz: either way thats a lot for a prepaid unit.& what size tubes will he use?rember the rsx is 2 ltre not 2.4 + its lighter+defrent rpm range,defrent cams, probly defrent gear raito in TRANS too. just thinken out loud, it's something that needs thinken about. If all my ducks were standing still in a line & my bug was finished & house,& had a spare E to do.then that frog might not bump his but when he lands.& I might be able to build one. oops there I go thinking again sorry:shock:
1st you need to look at that dyno chart again thats over a BuddyClub header not stock.
I'll let you know how that header works on a K24A2 in a week or so when we get the motor swap done in my sons RSX :)
2nd good for you that you are willing to buy a pos header & fix it before you install it. Not that any of the headers on Ebay will fit the E out of the box.
3rd I would rather have header that is geared more for tq but considering there is not a header on the market that will bolt right up in the E a modded RSX header will be a welcomed up grade.

I am ready to give up on the kiddracing header & try plan B.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well there is a sparkle of hope. Kiddracing is working on a header for the TSX & it will have bigger primaries. I would guess that this will come close to fitting the E. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
biger primaries??? for a low rpm moter?
and yess I went & looked at the charts & thats also not on the 2.4, so it means nothing at all.
& Iam still trying to figure out how everything on flebay is pos? I wonder how many headers are the same one as the ebay?and how many headers are ebay that have been chop/cut rebuild,like kid's4-2-1, or just the same ebay dc,skunk,obx,accord4-2-1 header with a cut, bump, reweld,? I have gotten some stuff that wasent in the fancy box that was identicle to the high dollor fancy box from the sane mfr at 1/3 cost. so untill you have both in your hands how do you know????and if you have them in your hands do you know what your looking at???or what the defrence is?or witch is beter? it's not always that easy to tell witch one is junk.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but looks like what I was wanting to do to a rsx header that sells for about 60 on flebay with shipping.yes I know the welds will break thats why I have stainless wire in my wirefeed mig, modify/weld everything
Never did I saw that everything on ebay was a pos. However a $60 header that you were going to buy & "fix" before you installed it on your E is a POS in my book. Look you seem to be a pretty negitive person. You were negitive in the DC header post too.
Whats your point here? Your upset because I made an effort to get a product made for the E? No the header wouldn't be perfect for the E but we don't have alot of options right now. I know the dyno is not on a K24 I never said it was. But i'll bet you that if you bolt this header on a k24 it will make more hp & tq then the oem manifold.
If your not interested move on.

·
Registered
751 Posts
NC-B17A,

I'm gonna say based on what I've read on these forums that marksbug knows a thing or two about performance. I've been following these header threads for the entertainment value as I really don't intend to do any engine mods to my E. I wouldn't say marksbug is being negative, I think he's standing firm on a point that he won't bite on a group buy if the part is not offered at a substantial discount. Especially if it's just a re-fabrication of something he can buy on E-bay for less money.

The point he's making is that if he's gonna pay top dollar, he wants what's he's getting to be top quality, with all the testing to prove the part actually does improve performance in the way he is looking for an improvement. And he wants a guarantee that's he's not going to waste time rebuilding the thing. If he'd gonna have to rebuild it, he might as well get a cheap e-bay header.

Here's an idea :) Why don't ya'll find some cheap E-bay headers, have marksbug fix 'em up for ya, and take your car to a dyno and get the performance specs. There are not many manufacturers that care to make parts for the E. It's a niche vehicle with a small niche of drivers looking for parts to mod the engine.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Please stop flooding every header post with this Ebay header talk, it is getting very annoying, if you want, start your own about possible cheap solutions, BUY ONE for a change, modify it, and post your results. No offense, but it is hard to take someone serious when it comes to engine mods when they never spell MOTOR the correct way, it just makes me wonder. I am not trying to be mean, just honest, your one of the reasons I dropped out of the DC post, I could not take the ranting anymore.

NC-I have seen kiddracing's stuff, great quality, worth every penny, I just don't think we have 50 dedicated performance junkies on the site, definately at that price, even though its great. Good luck though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well im very very very interested in the header. I just did a trade up from a 06 ex-p to a 2010 SC. LOVE IT SO MUCH. But i want a little more power. I see on the dyno sheet it said Dallas, Ga well im like 20 from Dallas is this where Kidd is from ? i was wondering because if he needs a development car i would love to be it... or if he would do a one off for a little more off the tsx header he is making that would be great. I have his number just went to the website....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had contacted him about taking my Element over to his shop to fab the header off of. But he wanted to do the 50-60 orders up front to start working on the headers & there are not enought people on here that are interested.
OBX just released a header thats supposed to fit the Element. Someone will get one sooner or later & let us all know. Lol if I wasn't broke I would order one right now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
just wondering if something is speled wrong how do you know what it is that thier trying to say? motor,mowedr moter. what defrence does it make? I try to do somethin fer everybody. have a gr8 day !!! you can always tell when someone has thier priorities in the wong place you just kaint tell them much.oops this looks like a bumper, that element header on ebay is listed for racing,I dont think it will perform the way "we" want it too.but I could be wrong I have been wrong 2 times befor now threeE times

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Marksbug, I appologize for what I said, just was getting annoyed, we all make mistakes, the motor thing just bothered me. You do seem to have knowledge, but it just needs to be presented in a better way sometimes. I agreed with you for the most part on a lot of things that you have posted in the past, no one agrees 100%, just the way you come accross sometimes looks bad, it may just be me, dunno, I have caught my self before and that is why I am appologizing, I don't want a war, we all are friends on here and need to give our opinions, just try to keep the opinion to what the thread is about, if you want, start a thead in the performance section about possibilities(I found a good one) and I will gladly look into stuff with you, lets keep it sane, lol.

later
Steve

NC-I talked to RDP on this kidd header, he likes them, the only thing he complains about is you usually have to mod the cat back a little to fit.

·
Registered
873 Posts
no appoligy needed, sometimes I type to fast,my fingers always hurt,I can't type worth a crap.my eyes are going faster than Jhon force on sunday.I cant stand glasses but I use them when needed. I have seen more crap that some people think is the best quality but in reality is borderline junk.99.9% of what I buy nomater who makes it I check it out compleatly ,deburr,set clearances,and about 70% get rebuild before using what ever it is. cheep stuff usualy has a few steps in manufacturing not done (heat treat,squareness,clearance/deburing,cleaning)just to name a few.so after getting the same part from two defrent boxes & one at 2x the price,and I am going to redo it my self any way I have started on some items getting the "not finished parts".and make them right.but with that said you cant do that with everything. and some of the china stuff is better than the usa made stuff witch is pretty sad.. but with the headers if I dont see what I want at a price that is good no deal. a race header dosent work real well on the street for what I need it to do.& I havent seen to many race elements. but that drifting one was sweet !!! I want to do all kinds of performance mods to my E but I keep reminding my self what it is & where my racecar is.I almost bought another E engine last week to bump up the hp.I cant help it I have done it all my life it's an addiction to speed& power.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts