Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks-

My name is Kit and I'm pretty new to the forums of the EOC.. I work at a placed called the OC if that's any consultation. ;)

I just purchased a 2004 Honda Element EX in Sunset Orange Pearl from this thread with the helpful advice from fellow EOC members in the "Shopping and dealing" sub forum. You guys rock!

The car is happily named "Delta Flyer" (if your a Trekie you would know where it comes from). It was taken care of by it's previous owner and already I have fell in love again. Even the Scion xB cannot top this.

I previously had a Honda Civic HX that I sold to get something bigger and more. This car has everything I always wanted. Size, engine, plenty of room, unique styling and of course, the great EOC members here. Integras, Civics, Sentras, and such are for teens. I'm glad I finally grew out of that phase and onto bigger and better things.

Oh, one more thing. I'm a pretty avid photographer as well. Here are some pictures I took after work near San Mateo Hills in CA to get some awesome pictures.

Already done: Shen's Side blinker mod
Plans for the future: Home Depot Grill (can't get that bloody bumper off because of the dumb bumper clips). Pioneer AVIC deck. HID lights.

Enjoy the pictures and LMK what you think. Love to meet new people.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice E. Great condition. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the group !

You are very wise (picking a SOP)

even wiser for posting pictures..............they look great, you have an eye for it.

Keep Posting

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting so many nice pictures.

Your E looks very nice against the blue sky. As Orangee said "Keep posting!!!!!" :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Kit,

You got a nice one for sure! Love that color!! Wish they still had it:x

If you are going to take that many closeup pictures of the tail pipe don't you think you should put a chrome tip on it?;-)

Good job and great pictures. What camera are you using?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Kit,

You got a nice one for sure! Love that color!! Wish they still had it:x

If you are going to take that many closeup pictures of the tail pipe don't you think you should put a chrome tip on it?;-)

Good job and great pictures. What camera are you using?
I'm using a Nikon D90 and a wide angle lens for these shots. It looks great with the 280 hills in the backdrop and the sunflair! :) What kinda chrome finisher do you guys recommend?

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting so many nice pictures.

Your E looks very nice against the blue sky. As Orangee said "Keep posting!!!!!" :)
Oh healz yeah I'm gonna keep posting! :)

Welcome to the group !

You are very wise (picking a SOP)

even wiser for posting pictures..............they look great, you have an eye for it.

Keep Posting
Did not want to settle on another silver car. I liked the GGM color as well, but it when I saw the condition this SOP was in, I was sold!!

Very nice E. Great condition. Congrats!
+1 for bay area meet. Would love to do this!
1) Welcome to the E family.
2) Nice ride!!!
3) We will have to get a Bay Area meet going so you can
stop by and introduce yourself and your E!!!
Thanks and thanks! :beer: We totally SHOULD have a bay area meet! Who organizes this stuff?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome! Now get that HD Grill put on! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats Kit! I, too, spent lots of time looking for the perfect E. I wanted a green one, but eventually settled on a SSM with Blue Panels, as everything else, including price, was perfect. When I see green ones, it still hurts a little :(, but I'm so happy that you held out for the color/specs you wanted!

I hope you got a good deal on that baby!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Kit! I, too, spent lots of time looking for the perfect E. I wanted a green one, but eventually settled on a SSM with Blue Panels, as everything else, including price, was perfect. When I see green ones, it still hurts a little :(, but I'm so happy that you held out for the color/specs you wanted!

I hope you got a good deal on that baby!
Yeah, i got really lucky with finding one in the right condition, not trashed or beat up but taken care of. And the price was right!

Welcome! Now get that HD Grill put on! :)
Can't wait to get it this weekend. I'm trying another way to get the bumper grill on, but that requires taking out the bumper. The stupid Bumper clips are killing me!! :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bumper clips - use a small screwdriver and pop the center piece up. Once that is done, the whole clip comes out as a unit. Yes, sometimes they work really hard, which is why you go on E-bay and buy a bag of 25 of them to keep around as spares when they end up breaking.

And you will get a lot of nay-sayers, but you got the fastest and the sexiest color. Don't believe anyone that says different!

And excellent pics. I want a Canon D-anything.

CoolE'sRule!

jeff

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm using a Nikon D90 and a wide angle lens for these shots. It looks great with the 280 hills in the backdrop and the sunflair! :) What kinda chrome finisher do you guys recommend?QUOTE]

A site sponsor has a good stainless one toward the bottom of the page.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

Nikon D90 are sweet but it takes a good photographer to make a great picture!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm using a Nikon D90 and a wide angle lens for these shots. It looks great with the 280 hills in the backdrop and the sunflair! :) What kinda chrome finisher do you guys recommend?QUOTE]

A site sponsor has a good stainless one toward the bottom of the page.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html

Nikon D90 are sweet but it takes a good photographer to make a great picture!
Truly spoke like a true gentlemen! :)

Bumper clips - use a small screwdriver and pop the center piece up. Once that is done, the whole clip comes out as a unit. Yes, sometimes they work really hard, which is why you go on E-bay and buy a bag of 25 of them to keep around as spares when they end up breaking.

And you will get a lot of nay-sayers, but you got the fastest and the sexiest color. Don't believe anyone that says different!

And excellent pics. I want a Canon D-anything.

CoolE'sRule!

jeff
I think i'll buy a couple of bumper clips just in case. SOP for the win! Love that color even today!!

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. Nice E' I like those upskirt shots.lol:)
LOL!

Bay area?! I'm all for it. Nice E.
Thanks! I'm all for it! Lets get a meet up!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts