Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Within the next 6 or 8 weeks I will be buying a car and I've known for ages it would be the Honda Element. I fell in love with it at first sight when they first came out.

Here's my question and issue. (I'm in Wilmington, NC by the way). First, what was the last year they made the Kiwi Green -- my heart's desire. I love the color and I've always loved green cars. The thing is they don't make that color in the new ones and I don't know the year they last made them.

Also, is there such a thing as getting a new 2008 say that was left over somewhere? I'd at least want a pre-owned certified Element.

Any thoughts or info related to this I'd be thrilled to here. Also I'm in pug rescue, and the dog options tickle me to pieces! And I really want a Navigation system. If anyone needs it I do! :D My husband used to give me meticulous directions to get some place and I'd gawk and him and say, "Yes, but which was do I turn out of the driveway?" :-o

Maitri, who longs for a Kiwi Green Element!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks re Kiwi Green

Now, does anyone know if it is possible to still get a new 2008? I want the Kiwi Green in the latest year possible. And how do I go about finding one, and IF I find one and it's a pretty good distance from where I live, how do I get it here???

Thanks,

Maitri

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi. I too loved and went in search of the kiwi green. I was on cars.com for weeks which may help. Plus I put calls in to all my local dealers to call me if one shows up. My husband stumbled on one last week and it is perfect. 22000 miles and somehow it still smells new. My father in law could not believe it was previously owned. I am still in disbelief. I thought it would be impossible. It is exactly what I wanted. 2008 (because of color and sunroof) EX AWD. I am still pinching myself. Do your homework and it may be possible. I wish you all the luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now, does anyone know if it is possible to still get a new 2008? I want the Kiwi Green in the latest year possible. And how do I go about finding one, and IF I find one and it's a pretty good distance from where I live, how do I get it here???

Thanks,

Maitri
I don't think you will find a new 2008. However, there are a lot of nice slightly used ones. Search Autotrader.com, include mileage, tranny, options and color and then search nationwide.

Shipping is on the order of $0.75 per mile.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maitri, when I was looking all over the place my local honda dealer told me that can possibly aquire any that I found on cars.com or another website that were out of town. Talk to your dealer about it. He said that I had to be sure I wanted it and if he can get it. That is, as long as the other dealership was willing to send it to him and he said most of them were. When I asked if there was a fee for him doing that he said there was not. Only thing you would pretty much be buying sight unseen except in pictures. We are all looking for ya!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I found my dream E (4WD Tangerine EX-P) on Autotrader...took me a few weeks but I found one :) Has higher miles than I wanted, but the price was perfect and I can trade up in a few years if I feel the need.

I'm taking the train from ND to MN and driving the E back.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Even if you found a new 2008 kiwi, i don't think the 08's had navigation systems in them.

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts