Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i need some help in where to take it from here now that it is officially mine ( my dad and i were sharing it for awhile after my jeep died) i put a roof rack on it and window visors i really like the off road look but with a 2wd i wonder if it looked like that, i would have to test it (i know it cannot replace my jeep but just a little fun wont hurt it) so i want to know what others have done without going over the top

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
First off wipe it down.:D It looks good and should putt around off road ok unless you try to do the Jeep thing. Being a FWD it will surprise what it will do.
Probably a cat back exhaust system some time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am slightly fond of that color in that light. Your car is wet. I would do the "dry mod" it works wonders for performance.

If you're going for the off-road look and deal, drill a 3 inch hole in the fender, cut out the air box, route some piping up to it, then bend it back, and line the whole thing with the outside edge of the window to end at the roof, where the snorkel will go.

Then get some mud tires. Maybe some wider wheels, though not necessarily a larger diameter, more tire, less wheel. Then remove the muffler, the whole exhaust system, and route it to the right side of the car, put a huge heat shield across a very lengthy chromed pipe with a horizontal truck muffler, and make it level with the outside lip of the lower sections of door.

Then remove the rear window and replace it with diamond plated (or not) stainless steel plate with a slot in the center, with plexiglass inside for viewing purposes. Then add a bull bar to the front, then drill new holes in the roof trim, move your front roof rack bar forward, and mount some HELLA spotlights on the roof, and 2 on the Bull bar rack in the front.

That would just be where I started if I had an Element, and wanted to make it an off-road/on-road demon.:D You also don't have to take half the things I say seriously. I am very immaginitive.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Doggone it. I was waiting for the suggestion to take off the wheels and put snow tracks on instead.

But to be really kewl, lower the suspension first.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was raining and it looked cool in the garage it usually ends up in the lower garage which it squeezes into inches of clearance today or tomorrow (depending on the weather) im going to wash and wax it for a car show at my church on saturday, i would take the seats out but i always have more than one person in the car with me. i like the roof basket idea but clearance is an issue unless i just forget about leaving it in the lower garage

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am slightly fond of that color in that light. Your car is wet. I would do the "dry mod" it works wonders for performance.

If you're going for the off-road look and deal, drill a 3 inch hole in the fender, cut out the air box, route some piping up to it, then bend it back, and line the whole thing with the outside edge of the window to end at the roof, where the snorkel will go.

Then get some mud tires. Maybe some wider wheels, though not necessarily a larger diameter, more tire, less wheel. Then remove the muffler, the whole exhaust system, and route it to the right side of the car, put a huge heat shield across a very lengthy chromed pipe with a horizontal truck muffler, and make it level with the outside lip of the lower sections of door.

Then remove the rear window and replace it with diamond plated (or not) stainless steel plate with a slot in the center, with plexiglass inside for viewing purposes. Then add a bull bar to the front, then drill new holes in the roof trim, move your front roof rack bar forward, and mount some HELLA spotlights on the roof, and 2 on the Bull bar rack in the front.

That would just be where I started if I had an Element, and wanted to make it an off-road/on-road demon.:D You also don't have to take half the things I say seriously. I am very immaginitive.
if i had an extra element laying around i would be all for that maybe a little birthday present to myself but i love that idea it would look really cool as a baja rig

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just don't see how people bag on this color so much. That looks rad. Can't wait to get mine and throw my apple sticker on the back, add a brush guard, and generally feel like a badass since I won't be in my little blue 98 corolla anymore. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts