Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
thats pretty pricey at 270. we can pretty much admit we're paying for that voice.

im sure its dependable, just like every other GPS unit on the market, i just can't get over that price.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got the show name with a characters voice, you know your going to pay extra for the name

i just think it would be cool to start my car and have it say "Hello Michael. Where shall I drive you today?"

especially since my name is Michael :razz:

·
Registered
113 Posts
its got the show name with a characters voice, you know your going to pay extra for the name

i just think it would be cool to start my car and have it say "Hello Michael. Where shall I drive you today?"

especially since my name is Michael :razz:
+1 I was looking for the same thing a couple weeks ago but spending around $200 for Mio GPS made me think twice :D I wish it was done by garmin or tomtom.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to spend that much on a Mio. Heck, My current Mio (The C310x) cost more new in the store. It's been reliable (only had to soft reset once in over 1 & 1/2 years.) Battery still is great and I love the interface. My ONLY possible complaint is that I want to swap out voices, and it isn't as easy as on several units out on the market. On the other hand, I can back up ALL my locations to an SD card, I can load up that same SD card with music to play over the E's radio. Other models (Garmin and TomTom have issues backing up data and won't let you play music over the GPS with paused direction change interrupts) It automatically changes light settings between day and night (of course I'm only 2 clicks away from a manual adjustment) I can swap between 3 visual settings (including 2d & 3d display) without switching off of my main screen. There's a lot to be said about Mio. I'd put my C310x against other companies units costing $200-$300 more. I've NEVER heard any owner of a Garmin or a Tom Tom say that.
Sorry I got a little carried away there, but this company has made me a proud owner of their product and I did feel the need to dispel some confusion about the quality of equipment. I'll hop off the soap box now.:oops:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I guess I'm the target audience. I grew up playing knight rider, and I'd totally buy one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts