Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got done two weeks ago with this issue. CEL P0325 - ECU not receiving signal from Knock Sensor

Mine happened coincidentally right after I replaced my starter... and like a lot of other people I rushed out and changed the knock sensor right away.

Everyone should do themselves a favor when changing out the knock sensor, even though the sensor is most likely NOT the problem - Make sure you change out the wiring harness/plug that goes to the knock sensor as well! With the amount of heat that is generated under the manifold that wire becomes very brittle and any manipulation of it will cause it to break, even if it seems to look okay to the naked eye. For a few dollars it's worth it.

I found out the hard way, that replacing just the knock sensor is not the way to go - still threw a code! Replaced wire/harness, problem solved!

Below are the part numbers and price I paid. I did the labor myself, so I probably saved myself close to $150 or more.

(Car - 2007 Honda Element LX)
Honda Part # 30531-R70-A00 Sub-Wire $9.10
Honda Part # 30530-PPL-A01 Sensor, K $106.34

Total Parts - $115.44

Definitely use Honda Genuine Parts for this!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anyone tried replacing the wiring that connects the sensor to the computer? I tried looking it up but can't find the part anywhere.
I've had the knock sensor replaced at least three times, last time the mechanic checks the entire wiring harness and changed out the pig tail. That was about 4 months ago. The knock sensor started throwing codes again yesterday. Not sure where to go with it from here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the knock sensor replaced at least three times, last time the mechanic checks the entire wiring harness and changed out the pig tail. That was about 4 months ago. The knock sensor started throwing codes again yesterday. Not sure where to go with it from here.
Are you using the Factory OEM Genuine Honda Knock Sensor?

I had a "OEM Honda Knock Sensor" from eBay that didn't work.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts