Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I'm an authorized KSport dealer and I had talked with my KSport rep. in the past about a set of Kontrol Pro coilovers for the Element. They have them for the CRV, but not the E. Anyway, he mentioned that if I could put together an order of 10 that they could develop them. I am thinking if they are based off the CRV and/or EP Civic, they could be put together rather quickly. I am not sure though. I am basically just wanting to know if there is enough SERIOUS interest for me to move the conversation forward with him. I figure it would be nice to have an alternative to the Tein set-up. I would hope cost would be the same or preferably less than the Tein. You can check them out HERE Anybody interested??

·
Mod-erator
4,576 Posts
Get us some more info on them. If they'll give me some more flexibility than the Teins I may be in too.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If you're talking the c/r adjustables I'd prolly be interested.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey folks, I changed the link in my original post to go directly to the Kontrol Pro specs. Yes, these are adjustable for both compression and rebound and some of the applications come with adjustable pillow ball mounts. Check out the link :D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, the response is looking somewhat promising for the little time that this post has been up. I need to find some info/pics about the Elements strut assemblies versus the CR-V and the EP Civic. If anybody know of any info out there or has done any comparisons themselves, please share that info with me as I am sure it would shorten the time this would take if it actually goes through.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I could be interested depending on price. However if they are too much I would really be interested in someones TEINs that might be getting the KSports.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
how id love a set. are they pretty much the same as the tein coilovers? and whats the price range on them too? if much less than the teins, im down, but it will take me awhile to be readywith the funds

·
Registered
163 Posts
i can tell you right now, if they have true ride height adjustment (adjustable bodies/bottom bracket) without sacrificing rebound or compression, then i'm in 100%.

i have been waiting for another company to come out with a more adjustable system than the teins. if they are going to be like the teins, but only adding more levels of dampening, then i would just stick with what i have. i dont see any sense in making my suspension stiffer than it is (since i don't autocross)

this may be tough to accomplish though because of the design of the rear suspension (short) so the rear dampers would have to be very short. in this case, a good combination of spring rate/kg and dampening would be important.

below is an example of a similar setup for a RSX/Integra. if they are like this, then consider the first set sold!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i can tell you right now, if they have true ride height adjustment (adjustable bodies/bottom bracket) without sacrificing rebound or compression, then i'm in 100%.

i have been waiting for another company to come out with a more adjustable system than the teins. if they are going to be like the teins, but only adding more levels of dampening, then i would just stick with what i have. i dont see any sense in making my suspension stiffer than it is (since i don't autocross)

this may be tough to accomplish though because of the design of the rear suspension (short) so the rear dampers would have to be very short. in this case, a good combination of spring rate/kg and dampening would be important.

below is an example of a similar setup for a RSX/Integra. if they are like this, then consider the first set sold!:D
Yes, that is how they are set up. You can raise/lower the vehicle without touching the spring mounting perches at all. Some of the applications come with adjustable pillow ball mounts for camber also. If we can get them to produce them for the E, I am not sure what they will do.

I have a few customers that have the Kontrol Pros and even with their vehicles "slammed" they claim they still ride very well considering the ride height. I will eventually be using one of their systems for my 240SX once I get the motor swap completed.

I will report back when I have some more info on possible pricing and other details. I am almost positive that I would need 10 committed buyers to get this going.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice!!!

OK, i'm commited!:wink:

oh btw, if you own a shop, you might want to test fit some RSX ones on the E just to see if the fitment will work. if so, then it will be easier for them to produce since most of it is done already. then they would just have to calibrate the dampers and figure out what kg springs to install. i'd be more than happy to use my E as a test mule lol.:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely interested...will need at least a ballpark figure on price before whippin' out the plastic...keep us informed...thx

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My shop is closed this weekend (re-roofing my dad's house :cry: ) but my contact at KSport sent me an email saying he would call me at the shop Monday. Hopefully I will have some kind of idea on pricing and time to produce them soon.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still waiting on more specifics, but I have a very vague price of under $1000 but over $700. I was told it would take about a month to develope once they got started. I am not sure I believe that it would happen that fast, but that is what I am told. I am still trying to get more zero'd in on a price and I am trying to find out what kind of upper mounts they are going to come with. Also still trying to find out the exact differences between the 2wd and 4wd. I did some part number cross referencing and I think the shocks and struts are the same, but I believe the spring rates are different between the two. Comments/Questions??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any updates? Just make sure that they don't forget 03 models.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any updates? Just make sure that they don't forget 03 models.
Thanks.
I got another email from him today. Still trying to get a price set on the system and trying to make sure that we can cover both the 2wd and 4wd models. Also if the kit will come with pillowball upper mounts, just plain aluminum mounts, etc... The delay in info is sort of my fault, I had sent an email and my laptop shut off before it ever went out and I was waiting for a response on a question that never got asked. I decided to email him again this morning and I had a response this evening.

Is there something different about the 03 suspension setup??

·
Mod-erator
4,576 Posts
I wouldn't think that there's anything different for the 03.....I'd think you'd have to worry more about the SC model.

1 - 20 of 404 Posts