Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, too all that have waited patiently, NismoGriff has announced they are ready to ship. I would like to thank Greg for all his hard work and effort he put into this. I can't wait to see them installed on other E's, mine are waiting till spring. This is a great xmas gift for sure. Post pics of them when you get them, maybe under the tree, lol. Now we can finally say there is an alternative coilover system.
Later all.
Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hopefully Ksport has improved their quality and customer support. I had a set of their coilovers on my 98 Prelude that blew out in 2500 miles, their "customer support" told me their kit was designed for "offroad use only"..what a joke, never again

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a ton of people running Ksports, for many years thru salt/snow winters too and have no problems and swear by them, every company has issues when it starts out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i recently bought some teins and haven't put them on yet. now i'm thinking if i should just sell them and try out the ksports.. :|

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone know where to buy the Ksport? How much they run?

i recently bought some teins and haven't put them on yet. now i'm thinking if i should just sell them and try out the ksports..
If you want to sell, hit me up. I am interested. Does MY 06' fit MY04' LX 2WD?

DC

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM NismoGriff, he has sets available now, these just came out and the first sets were just delivered.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have anyone made a comparison vs Tein Basic kits? Whats the benefit and spec?

Thanks,

I will PM Nismogriff

DC

·
Registered
541 Posts
the k sport are gonna be lighter then the basics.the front k-sports gains more travel in the front by being able to lower the whole cartridge.the teins can be rebuilt to be adjustable while the k's are fully adjustable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wanted to say hi and have a quick question...

New to this site as this will be my first post! Not new to the Honda scene though. I have been building and driving EF/EG/DC chassis for the past 10 years. Well yesterday my wife and I finally snatched up a new 2010 OBP SC. I love it so far, but of course looking to do a couple of mods to it. First up...suspension and rims. Anyhow, good to see a site dedicated to the Element ONLY, which brings me to my question...

Do these Ksport coils fit a 2010 SC? I have been having trouble finding info on what will work with a 2010. I know it shares the same platform as the 09, but even that is limited. I am hoping these do as I love there products and am actually ordering another ksport setup for my EG hatch I am rebuilding. Also, does anyone have pics of there setup installed, or did these just come out?

I will be around for some time as I can't leave any of my rides alone and after perusing through some threads, I have some great info already.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these just came out and yes 2010 will install just fine

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contact NismoGriff(Greg), you can pm him or go to the group buy section and go into the ksport thread and leave him a message.

For the camber kit, SPC or Eibach rear camber kit is all you need.
Later

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tein Basic

Spring Rates - F. 392 lbs/in, R. 671 lbs/in
Height Adjustment - F. -2.6 to -3.5, R. -2.2 to -3.5
Shock Damper Adjustment - F. none, R. none
Shock Cartridge Height Adjustment - F. none, R. none
Top Mounts - F. OEM, R. OEM
Weight - ?

Ksport Kontrol Pro

Spring Rates - F. 560 lbs/in, R. 728 lbs/in
Height Adjustment - F. ? to ?, R. ? to ?
Shock Damper Adjustment - F. 36 way, R. 36 way
Shock Cartridge Height Adjustment, F. yes, R. yes
Top Mounts - F. ALM, R. OEM?
Weight - ?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr2-I have to correct ya, the rear shock body is adjustable, so travel stays the same, so that is yes. No one has installed these yet, so height numbers are a ?, lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mr2-I have to correct ya, the rear shock body is adjustable, so travel stays the same, so that is yes. No one has installed these yet, so height numbers are a ?, lol.
You are correct. I did not look closely enough at the pics of them. I will fill out the ride height adjustment and weight as soon as I get mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just order my set from Greg! Cant wait to get them now. Btw, Grey is nice to deal with and the commication been very plesant.

DarKCrow

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to see you got a set, Greg is awesome to deal with, I hope more EOCers go through him for the ksports and other stuff.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Thanks guys...I appreciate all the kind words :eoc:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts