Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Got the KSports installed over the weekend at the only local shop I would trust around here, $550.00 complete and on-time. Didn't seem to bad to me price-wise. Question for anyone who has their KSports on, what did you use for the Dampning setting. The shop set mine to "Standard/Baseline", after driving it a few days that seems a bit harsh for my taste, am I just being a wussy? I cranked them couter-clockwise a few notchs this afternoon so am going to try that for a few days. I know its all personal taste but I am curious what other people are doing.

Thanks for your time

Scott

·
Registered
225 Posts
The baseline setting is 16/32. There is two ways that the harshness can be adjusted, one is the damper, and the other is by less "preload" on the springs. So depending on how they installed the springs, you may need to have those adjusted along with the dampening. With the dampening lowered all the way, and the springs with very little preload, it should ride about 25% firmer then stock, or atleast this is what I notice so far. If they installed the springs according to the instructions, then there should be very little to no preload. More preload = more harshness. I have mine currently setup with very little preload, and the damper set on 20 both front and rear. I would say with my current setup it is about 50% firmer then stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your insights. My understanding is they installed them according to the instructions with no preload so everything needs to be made up with the dampening. I back them off four "clicks" from Baseline to see how they ride. Any idea how many counter-clockwise clicks there are?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
225 Posts
:food012:

Thanks for your insights. My understanding is they installed them according to the instructions with no preload so everything needs to be made up with the dampening. I back them off four "clicks" from Baseline to see how they ride. Any idea how many counter-clockwise clicks there are?

Thanks

Scott
32 clicks or 4 full rotations (32 way adjustable). Just turn it all the way conter clockwise until it stops. Do not force it past the last click. Hopefully it's soft enough for you at that point lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts