Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished putting the coils on today and got it all alligned, the fronts are perfect but the rears need to be lifted a little unless its possible to roll the fenders? anyone try to do this yet? let me know any imput would be appreciated thanks.

Ksports pretty much slammed, install in the process...

·
Registered
197 Posts
That looks awesome. But I can see the camber in the rear. Hopefully someone will respond about rolling the fenders, Im interested in that as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome. But I can see the camber in the rear. Hopefully someone will respond about rolling the fenders, Im interested in that as well.
Yah it was really bad yesterday, its beed alligned since then its not like that anymore. ill post a pic in a few.

·
Registered
225 Posts
On mine, I cut about an inch of plastic away in between the 4 plastic push clips retaining the outside two, but removing the center two because the plastic is cut away. I then took a rubber mallet and beat the metal fender up and then towards the outside. I then hit the area with some black primer. It's hard to explain, so here is a pic.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Good rendering, thats exactly where I cut and hammered, worked like a charm!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
here.... take it from me.

i hacked into mine! literally! think about it. your fenders are plastic! the inners are metal! so you can roll, hammer, hack away at the inner fender all you want and pull them all you want, you will not notice the difference at all on the outside! im currently running 20x8.5 all around with a +25 offset, while trying to be as flush as possible on my tein basics. im all the way down on the lowest setting and my tires do not rub at all. i dont have pics at this moment, but if you really wanna see my rear fenders i can take pics sometime. let me know. goodluck with your car! looks good so far!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Damn! +25 is pretty cool...i'd love to see that set up! Thanks for the diagram mr2 driver....this is gonna help a bunch for my little project :)....BTW is anyone running a 10.5" or 11" rear?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I understand rolling the fenders to fit wider/low offset wheels however keep in mind if you ever decided to sell it you will have a much harder time as opposed to one that is stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
here.... take it from me.

i hacked into mine! literally! think about it. your fenders are plastic! the inners are metal! so you can roll, hammer, hack away at the inner fender all you want and pull them all you want, you will not notice the difference at all on the outside! im currently running 20x8.5 all around with a +25 offset, while trying to be as flush as possible on my tein basics. im all the way down on the lowest setting and my tires do not rub at all. i dont have pics at this moment, but if you really wanna see my rear fenders i can take pics sometime. let me know. goodluck with your car! looks good so far!
I appreciate the imput, perfect diagram that will definatly help. I updated pics to where its sitting, i want it lower but it rides nice now until i find some 19's. Advan, i want to see pics of that i bet it looks sikk.

ill take better pics later this is just my phone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I understand rolling the fenders to fit wider/low offset wheels however keep in mind if you ever decided to sell it you will have a much harder time as opposed to one that is stock.
"IF" i decide to sell it. =P

·
Registered
599 Posts
When i modified my fenders I used a cut off wheel to cut away the plastic then I used an air hammer to massage the metal fender flat against itself and applied a quick coat of paint. Just like ADVAN said, you cant see the modification unless you look for it. If I were to do it over, I would still use the cut off wheel on the plastic and then use my fender roller tool made by Eastwood to get the clearance needed. I am currently rolling on staggard 20x9.5 with unknown offsets from DPE on Tein Basics.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Depends on who is buying it, some people would find it as a plus. As mentioned above, you couldn't even tell anything was done unless you look for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts