Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love mine

I purchased my kuhmo's about two months ago and I love them. I have 235/70/16. They don't rub at all, I had the same size Michelins and these are much better- Quieter , better ride, don't squeal around corners. Haven't had the opportunity to ride in the rain yet ( I live in Vegas) but they have to be better than the Wranglers.

·
Registered
662 Posts
We've put about a thousand miles on them and, so far, they are much quieter than the Wranglers (of course :roll:) and the Michelin Pilots. Wet road traction is very good and handling is the same as the Michelins. The most comfortable air pressure for us is 34 front and 32 rear.

We are very pleased with the tire at this point and very surprised with the quiet ride, didn't think it was possible with the Element. :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a new set that came on my Element and I find them very noisy between 35 and 40MPH. I have not checked the pressure yet. Perhaps that is the reason. I was really considering replacing the tires with the Nokian WR tires but since they are brand new I will live with the noise for now. I just bought the E two days ago. Tonight I checked the cabin air filter and it looks original (44,000 miles)having all kinds of bugs and junk in it so early in the morning I will pick up a new Wix filter and replace it myself.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a new set that came on my Element and I find them very noisy between 35 and 40MPH. I have not checked the pressure yet. Perhaps that is the reason. I was really considering replacing the tires with the Nokian WR tires but since they are brand new I will live with the noise for now. I just bought the E two days ago. Tonight I checked the cabin air filter and it looks original (44,000 miles)having all kinds of bugs and junk in it so early in the morning I will pick up a new Wix filter and replace it myself.
They may not have been rotated. It appears the Element (at least the AWD) likes to cup tires if not rotated correctly. That makes them very noisy.

We are going to try a reverse direction rotation pattern on this set.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks very much for your input however they are brand new so rotation is not necessary. Today I was on the turnpike for the first time and went 85MPH to see if they vibrated due to imbalance and they were fine other than the noise from the tread. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have had 4 sets of tires on my E which all have been reviewed as quiet on tirerack.com and they are all noisy on the element, its the nature of the box, my brand new General UHP's are rated very high for not being noisy and I can still here them. My wife's impala ss has Kuhmo Platinum's on it and you can't hear a thing but the badyear's they replaced were loud enough to here over the open cutout exhaust, redonculous! I really like the Kuhmo's now.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
They may not have been rotated. It appears the Element (at least the AWD) likes to cup tires if not rotated correctly. That makes them very noisy.
Since the AWD is not engaged 99% of the time, so the AWDs run normally just like the 2wd, don't see how this is likely. Mine don't run any noisier than the [email protected] Goodyear OEMs, and the ride and handling is much better with the Kumho's.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
ok I have had mine for like 20,000 miles
love them I am running snows for the winter
I saw that they have another tire on Tire Rack might try those next time around. Only complaint about them is that when worn they are not all that great in the snow....reason why I got the snows.
I will buy them again

·
Registered
112 Posts
ive got them on mine and i really love them they have never let me down

1 - 20 of 21 Posts