Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so these are the front strut mounts for our trucks from KYB. What are they for? I mean, i know where they go, but what is the advantage over the stockies and do they include the bearings too? i still have the popping/binding sound on the front of the truck after the Eibachs. wondering if these will help at all or if i sould go back to stock height, which i really dont want. :x

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what is it that i need to loosen to allow itself to readujust or what ever. i am over the creaking/popping whatevering comming from the front end.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the same poping in my front end too. I guess I need to look & see what needs to be loosened too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The best way to achieve this is to get 4 ramps and 4 jack stands unless you have a lift or a drive on lift w/ hydraulic jacks. Put your E in the air.
Front: loosen lower control arm bushings and top strut bolt.
Rear: loosen lower control arm at subframe, both trailing arm bolts and camber arm at subframe.
Set car down slowly onto each ramp(I use old 15" rims off a astro van laying flat, works the best).
Get into your E and sit in each seat, go slow. Also sit on the tailgate. Each spot sit for a minute or 2. Note: if your using rims, you can bounce a little.
Go get lunch to let it sit an hour or more.
Now, tighen all bolts to factory specs.
Enjoy.
This is how I have done it on every car I have ever lowered or lifted and have never, and I mean never have gotten a squeak or rattle.
Any questions, just ask.
Steve

Addition: your alignment may be out afterwards, so I cannot be held responsible for that with the above directions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
you still might not get the creaking and popping to stop. if you check the ep3 civic and rsk forums they have the same common problem.i would try to loosen and retighten everything though. my h&r springs used to make noise but my tein basics dont.:-D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have access to a drive on lift, so which ones exactly am i loosening and then retightening again? just the single nut that holds the strut in the tophat or the three that actualy bolt to the inner fender or both? and on the bottom? highlight it for me, it isnt audio or security so forgive my nievate, or however you spell that :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Sorry, i am at work so using my iphone. Yes, its the top single bolt, it helps move the bushing, the 3 top hat ones are not necessary due to they are always the same placement. Then the lower control arm bolts at the subframe. While your at it and its up in the air check your sway bar bushings, mine were dry when I did my 25k service, I used a light silicon grease, it was worth the 20 extra mins, it got rid of my little squeak I had.
Later

·
Registered
87 Posts
rubber isolator is missing hence popping..your spring is unseated without the islolator

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rubber isolator is missing hence popping..your spring is unseated without the islolator
negative. the top isolater is in perfect condition and it has the bottom isolaters that i added that are now standard equipment that were not on the 07's. but thanks for playing. :-D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they are fine too. checked all that stuff out when it was up in the air. it only does it after a few days of being put back together, not right away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts