Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a 2010 LX. It doesn't have the rear power outlet standard, so I got the kit from HandA.com. I was thinking about how the existing wire for the outlet is behind the fake plug. I can feel the piece of tape on the bodywork through the hole. Has anyone been able to grab it and pull it through the hole without taking apart the interior trim pieces?

What about a web cam as an aid?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have not done what you are asking, but you could take a clothes hanger, bend one end into a small hook and then try and fish it out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have yet to add a power outlet to the back but if you can feel the tape and all that I'd imagine you could some how snake it out of there. Does the new outlet just pop into the hole or do you need to secure it from the backside?

Come to think if it I've got some old tools in my garage from my dad's OBGYN office, might have to give this way a shot when i install it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I was thinking about how the existing wire for the outlet is behind the fake plug. I can feel the piece of tape on the bodywork through the hole. Has anyone been able to grab it and pull it through the hole without taking apart the interior trim pieces?
One word:

Don't.

It's not that big of a deal to pull that panel off to actually see what you're doing and not screw it up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rear Plug Done Right

I did this couple months ago and followed the directions EXACTLY AS POSTED on the parts website...I'll say this - don't try to cheat and find a shortcut...you'll screw everything up! The accessory cable that you will need to plug the recepticle into is coiled and taped down with blue tape so a bent coat hanger won't get it. Took me all of 20 minutes...10 in and 10 out if you have all the simple tools with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts