Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anything's possible. Put them Deuce Deuce's on it. If they don't rub, I'll buy some. Let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok here is the low down on larger rims, i just bought my E, and my rims are being set to me, im getting 19" rims. The E dosnt have a large wheel well like trucks, so if you lower it and have bigger rims they might rub. Now the E only takes Car rims, not truck rims, so It will be hard to get anything over 20".

·
Advertiser/Technical Writer
153 Posts
The problem won't be rubbing, it'll be trying to find a wheel larger than 20 with the correct bolt pattern and offset.

Good luck though!

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me know what you find out. I was thinking of 20's however am having a difficult time finding the rims with the correct bolt pattern.... if you can get 22's on there show me the picts!

thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 20"s on my E they look great! The tires I have is Nitto 245/35/20 this is the largest tire you can use with out messing with the speedometer. With the large wheels and the low profile tires you still have about the same amount of wheel well gap. The only way to fix that problem would be to lower it.

I have pics but I have had no luck posting them. I would post them if someone will walk me through or post them for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
what rims did you get and where did you get them? I would LOVE to see the picts! I have had no luck finding any with the correct bolt pattern. I was afraid that I was going to have to get adapters made for my old 18's...

·
Registered
16 Posts
5x4.5? Cool I was under the impression that it was 5x114.3.... cool I shall attempt to find the rims to see what they look like. IF you figure out how to post I would love to see them. What was the offset of the wheels and the width of the rim? any rubbing? is it possible to get taller 20's? speedo isn't as much of a deal for me, just do not want the wheel well gap.

thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
[quote:d5969ed5ba="GONMNTL"]5x4.5? Cool I was under the impression that it was 5x114.3.... cool I shall attempt to find the rims to see what they look like. IF you figure out how to post I would love to see them. What was the offset of the wheels and the width of the rim? any rubbing? is it possible to get taller 20's? speedo isn't as much of a deal for me, just do not want the wheel well gap.

thanks[/quote:d5969ed5ba]

I beleve 5x4.5 & 5x114.3 is the same ( metric vs. standard ) I am sure you can go BIGGER there is a ton of room. I am not sure how wide the rim is but the tire is about 9 inch wide it is very beefy! comes out to the edge of the body. There is no rubbing. You might have problems with a wheel bigger than mine. I will try to have the web master post my pics.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are your tires wider than stock? If so, how much of a difference have seen in your gas mileage. I put wider rubber on my car, not the E, and saw a pretty significant decline in the MPG. Enough that I'm holding off on the E until I know for sure I won't lose 20-25% of my MPG.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With the low profle tires the wheel diameter is the same as stock as you can see from the wheel well gap. I havehad no problem with rubbing. The tire is alot wider than stock but I don't like the bow-legged look The tire doesn't stick out past the fender. This is the largest you can go without messing with you speedo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks Great BB........need more info though....like the rim size IS? 20x9 ? Offset on that rim? who makes it? Any chance you have a side pic to see how much the tire sticks out from the body molding? How's the ride? Thanks for showing us the first one with 20's! EE

1 - 20 of 30 Posts