Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving this weeked and everything I will be able to move with the e that's everything except my bed

I have a queen size bed if I remove the back seats will the e be able to carry the bed? What if I left the hatch opened?

Has anyone eles here moved a bed with the e?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I helped a friend move. With the seats up against the walls:

1 Twin Mattress.
1 Entire bed frame.
1 Twin box spring.
Pillows and comforters.
1 Bar stool
and about 5 boxes.

:razz:

Unrelated to the above scenario, when I was moving my Full size nearly fit, but I ended up tying it to the roof.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The roof option did work, although you will want to make sure of two things.

1) You don't exceed about 40 - 45 MPH
2) You have a buddy drive behind you to be sure you're not leaving your expensive luxury mattress all over the highway.

I made the mistake of cranking up to about 55 MPH, and very quickly received a call from my friend behind me whilst he was frantically flashing his lights at me :-D

I guess it was about half way off the roof when I pulled over :shock:

So just make sure it's tied down tight and aerodynamic, and you should be fine for a nice safe trip without any comfy casualties.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Run a line fore and aft to keep the wind from lifting the front up. THats where most of the trouble comes from. (and of course side to side)
se

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it's just a mattress. I've had a temper pedic king in the back; rolled it up and tied it like a rug. Just yesterday I fit a double in the back. Box springs are a whole different store full max; on an angle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts