Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best part is that no Element was harmed in the process and both the cabinet and the cot can be easily installed and removed. No drilling into the plastic interiors. Both pieces connect to the rear seat mounts, rear seat belt mount, and the ceiling grip handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
this needs to be up on top

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Nice job. Are you going to share your CAD/CAM files?

-Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I get your specs for the cabinet? I am looking to make something like this. Really interested in your mounting of the cabinet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've gotta agree with everyone else, this is awesome! And I'd love to see more on the how to...or the plans. I know it took a lot of work, but I'm sure a ton of us would appreciate seeing those plans :) Heck, I'd be willing to pay for even just a PDF of the basics. Love the dovetail by the way, looks great!

·
Registered
318 Posts
OP hasn't been on this site since he posted this on 3/6/18. What a tease.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element EX
243 Posts
Best part is that no Element was harmed in the process and both the cabinet and the cot can be easily installed and removed. No drilling into the plastic interiors. Both pieces connect to the rear seat mounts, rear seat belt mount, and the ceiling grip handles.
Anyone know how the cabinet attaches to the factory seat mount? I've admittedly been studying photos in an effort to reverse engineer this guy's and Fifth Element Camping's cabinets (sorry - if I had an extra $2000 to buy one I would) to figure out how it attaches without modding or drilling holes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts