Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my doors up front have developed leaks. Beads of water form on the inside weather stripping at the tops of the windows -then drip down onto the arm rest where the window/door controls are.

There are 2 lines of weather stripping around the doors. One on the door and another on the car body. Problem seems to be the weather stripping on the door itself. When I open the door there is water on the weather stripping of the door and on the weather stripping on the body side, too. But because the weather stripping on the door is further out, I suspect this is the problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

My E is an '07.

Why would the weather stripping suddenly fail like this?

There are no cracks or tears in it. Dealer guy says this could run $500 to fix/replace depending on which stripping needs to be replaced.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Looked at mine the other day and I noticed that in the corners it's starting to come apart. 5 years old and it's failing? Cheap garbage!!!

I did the weather stripping on my 2000 Civic's doors. It's not that hard. Order the weather stripping kits from majestichonda.com (under the FRONT DOOR PANELS section) and weather strip adhesive from your local autoparts store and call it good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts