Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not many folks have it, I do, and I found the ultimate stuff for keepin the seats in prime condition!

Zaino Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner & Z-10 Leather in a Bottle Treatment and Conditioner!

Just did the front seats, gonna see how they hold up this week.

Here's the stuff and a before shot!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the after!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Looks real nice!! I love leather in Elements, I don't know why Honda doesn't offer it? It's much easier to clean up than that funkie fabric they use. Drew.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks real nice!! I love leather in Elements, I don't know why Honda doesn't offer it? It's much easier to clean up than that funkie fabric they use. Drew.
Definately! I work in a nursery, and several customer's have E's. I've seen some stained up interiors... actually, since mine came to me with the leather, one without it seems odd, and foreign.
Plus with all the nursery work I tend to be filthy when I get off work, the leather wipes off without a hitch when I get home if I'm muddy. Got the OEM floor mats (black) coming in next week from HandA along with the OEM trim to replace a few spots where the Edash kit (Installed by prior owner) doesn't suit me... Pictures as soon as they're in!

Addition to my post, the rich smell of leather wafts from my car... the stuff is a little stout on the scent factor, but with natural leather oils what can ya expect... The E now smells like the interior of a leather store, as do I...:D

Just checked the interior a few minutes ago, even though the leather is maybe 2 months old and was still kinda new and stiff, it feels like well broken in leather, extremely soft... with a fine gloss (not too shiny). As it stands right now, I highly recomend the Z-9/Z-10 combo to any other EOC member. Super easy application (I applied the Z-10 by hand like a lotion... probably why I smell like a jacket right now.) I'll let ya know how it holds up, Zaino recomends treating it every 2-3 months.

Oi!
Tom

By the by... SWEET interior box-E...

I wanna see pics from everyone who has leather interior goin on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leather seats

I was wondering the price for the leather seats and where would i go about getting mine done.. Thanx...

Looks great..

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I got my leather kit off of ebay. They came from bestleather.com. Katzkin is a brand sold nationwide and is installed in their shop. We have a RAV4 that we were going to get done at Katzkin for about 1500. My E kit was about 650. and I did it myself.:D

Drew

·
Registered
895 Posts
HA! I love it. I haven't seen a leather interior yet, where the hell have I been? Looks nice.
By the way 214Texas, Megan Fox ruined Transformers for me. She is way too distracting to be put in an action movie.
I still have no idea what happens in that movie. Robots fight?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine came pre-installed. Found a bill in the glovebox said $1200 for the interior and the Edash kit.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick question for those of you who switched to leather seats...

Do your seats seem any softer after the switch from the stock fabric seats?

I love my E, but the seats do seem a bit stiff, especially on longer trips. I am considering getting some katzkin covers and redoing the upholstery to leather. I'm just unsure if it's the stiff "hose-off" fabric or if the foam under the fabric is just hard.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
My seats are much softer. Course when I reupholstered them I add some extra padding.;-) I also use leather conditioner on them all the time. The upholstery was about 650. on Ebay and I installed it over a weekend. It was also kinda fun to design my upholstery.:)

Drew:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts