Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Have any of you order the Element leather seat kit from e-bay seller bestleatherkits?

If so, were you happy with the product?

Anyone know how difficult it will be to install one of these on my driver's seat? I assume you have to take the OEM seat cover off then install these. I'm only interested in purchasing the driver's seat.. MAYBE both front seats.

Thanks

B

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yes I have them. I put them on about a year ago on my 07 seats and have been very happy with them. I had done auto upholstery before so I knew what I was getting into. You will need a pair of hog ring pliers and a pound of hog rings for the set. Drew:)

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look great. How are they wearing?

I have no idea what hog pliers or hog rings are... gotta link? How do they help?

I'm thinking of just doing the two front seats. I hardly ever have the back seats in. Do you know about what that would cost?

One other question.. what about the side air bags?

What about that center console you have? I have the big arm rest, but that looks a lot better. Where did you get it?

Thanks for your help and the pics!
MA

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
his console is the SC console, it can be found on ebay by a guy named doodles. other than that, you can get it from honda, but the price is steep from them.

i have the sc console, and im going to lose my armrests and need to cover the holes, so maybe one day ill purchase this leather kit :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The upholstery is designed for the side airbags. Hog rings are kind of a "c" shaped ring with pointed ends and you use them to hold parts of the upholstery to the seat frame. You need special pliers that hold the rings so you can clamp the rods in the upholstery to the seat frame. The upholstery is holding up very well and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. They were good to deal with and the upholstery arrived when they said it would and well packed. Drew:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
door panel cut outs?

Did you purchase the door panel cut-outs? If so, can you post some pics?:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
What price are they asking for these?
I'm entertaining the idea here for mine.
Thanks - in advance....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm still wondering how the side airbag thing works..I would like to see some photos of the seat with the cover off...

Anyway my reason for posting was a tip/trick I found somewhere about recovering the seats. Instead of using "hog rings" you can use nylon "zip ties" instead. This allows you to cinch down instead of having to cram these pliers and grab both ends with the hog ring. You just zip tie it, clip off the excess and boom, done. I put a leather kit in my Civic years ago, purchased the hog rings and did it that way. PAIN. Later, I purchased a heated seat kit for my wifes Acura and used the zip tie method. 10x easier. Did it again recovering another seat for another car I used to have.

Anyway, sorry i cannot vouch for the original posters item in question, but in case someone does do it themselves that tip may help. YMMV :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just talked to them. Unfortunately, the pricing stinks..

I hardly ever have my back seats in the vehicle. The difference between the price for the entire kit and the price for the front row is only $100. $600 for the two front seats and $700 for the entire thing. harumph.

I really only need to recover the driver's seat.. that's $300 alone. grrrrr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts