Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added some mini leds that light up the footwells nice. I just drilled 1/4" holes and epoxied them in. Wired them up to work with the dome lights from the connector behind the glove box. oh... also added a temp and compass mirror and changed the cabin air filers while I was behind the glove box. (I had already done the both dome lights splice)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice job

HEY, Gilboy where did u buy your temp and compass mirror? was it hard to install? thnks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would be interested in knowing where you bought that mirror as well. It really looks good!:D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tilt wheel increased travel

I forgot to do this mod when I was under the dash the other night doing the LEDs. Then; someone posted today about how to adjust the tilt lever tension. Then I remembered I wanted to increase the tilt wheel travel as I'm 6'2" and the top of the spedo (the important part 40 to 70) is blocked because the wheel doesn't tilt up far enough. So I found the post and pulled the steering column out. The whole process took me less than 30 minutes. I posted pictures to show how much higher the wheel goes up now (to the bottom of the spedo)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
w/ the steering wheel all the way up, does it feel like you're driving a bus?
can you easily reach the top of the wheel?

(i have nothing against the bus driving position, having driven a VW bus for many years.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts