Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Element mod. I just wired 3 LEDs on the PAX shelves, 1 on Driver side, and 3 Reds in the Subwoofer. All are wired to the rear ACC fuse through add-a-circuit and a switch button mounted in the ashtray thing to the left of the steering column.

·
Registered
556 Posts
nice. i like the light in the sub area any pics of how you did that thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
First, it looks good, well done!!

Second, the LEDs on the woofer is a really kewl idea!!!

Not to be an ahole, but a suggestion. You should add one more
blue LED to the shelf just to the right of the steering wheel. I
dont know if you will ever need it, but I think that would just
make it look awesome!!! I think it would balance it out, as well
as eliminate that empty spot there. ;-)

Like I said, looks really good, well done!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
this looks very cool. Maybe a post on the install?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks great. Also a post on the install would be awesome!

·
Registered
478 Posts
is that led behind the gauge cluster as well? ive been wanting to change the color of mine for the longest time!

·
Registered
556 Posts
is that led behind the gauge cluster as well? ive been wanting to change the color of mine for the longest time!
no those are just the new gauges that come with the 07 and up.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Awesome, now I need to do that in orange!:rolleyes::D
I think it would better in PINK...?:lol:
I did mine in BLUE....

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Want this!!

I just purchased my E this week and can't wait to add some interior LEDs. I've never done anything like this but really think the lights look great. When posted, the install guide should be a great help.
Where did you buy the LEDs?
Do you think the guys at the local auto parts store would help me out to make sure I do everything right, Im only 18.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just purchased my E this week and can't wait to add some interior LEDs. I've never done anything like this but really think the lights look great. When posted, the install guide should be a great help.
Where did you buy the LEDs?
Do you think the guys at the local auto parts store would help me out to make sure I do everything right, Im only 18.
usually we order lights from

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

there lights are great

o and bbeing 18 in no excuse lol i am 17 and i do all my own stuff

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Pilot:

Great job! I wish I thought of that years ago...

You can! Although, it won't look quite like the 07+, you can replace the color behind an 03-06 gauge cluster by using LED's. There's an old thread which in summary, suggests you use wide angle LED's in the color you want. We used Tri-power 3 LED bulbs (as they are called) from http://autolumination.com/74.htm You will need 9 in total, 7 for the gauges, 2 for the odometer. If you wish to have completely separate colors for the gauges and odometer, you can do so. The colors will not separate for each gauge, but you can create a gradient effect if you like. Minor dis-assembly is required to remove the cluster. Mostly, this consists of removing a couple of screws and exerting some force to pull the upper driver's side dash piece off. If you don't have a service manual, head to autozone/pepboys and review the procedure in store. It's not terribly difficult.

Would an 07 cluster fin in an 03 EX?????

Unfortunately, no. At least, not easily is the best way to phrase it. The 03-06 cluster and the 07+ (as of 2007/8, my reference point) have different connectors. Point being: you would have to decipher the differences in the wiring and recreate the harness. This is also assuming that there were no technical changes in the cluster which would cause the information to be misinterpreted between the old and new cluster from the ECU. We hypothesized years ago that the only major difference was an additional input line for TPMS indication. Additionally, fitment may not work as the shape of the old and new cluster varies.

Basically: it may be more hassle than it's worth. Although, outside of my immediate knowledge, someone may have figured it out. On that note, if anyone has access to the 07+ service manual and scans all relevant electrical diagrams, I can come up with a potential answer.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
My first Element mod. I just wired 3 LEDs on the PAX shelves, 1 on Driver side, and 3 Reds in the Subwoofer. All are wired to the rear ACC fuse through add-a-circuit and a switch button mounted in the ashtray thing to the left of the steering column.

Nice lighting! I did something similar. I also brought the lights down the center console & upper glove compartment, so the lights kinda make a "T" in the cabin. The red floor lighting completes the look (unfortunately floor lights turned off in these pics.)
All of my LED mods are posted here:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75251&highlight=

1 - 17 of 17 Posts