Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's what I need. I just picked up my first Element last night. It's an '07 SC. ;-) I want to switch just about everything to 'cool' LED lighting. I want to do the license lights, domes, map lights (blue), brake lights, and turn signals. Later I will convert the headlights to the Silvania Silver Stars.

What all do I need to get this done in one shot? A printable list would be nice so I can go to SuperbrightLEDs and get the list purchased.

Also would prefer plug and play. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Ok here's what I need. I just picked up my first Element last night. It's an '07 SC. ;-) I want to switch just about everything to 'cool' LED lighting. I want to do the license lights, domes, map lights (blue), brake lights, and turn signals. Later I will convert the headlights to the Silvania Silver Stars.

What all do I need to get this done in one shot? A printable list would be nice so I can go to SuperbrightLEDs and get the list purchased.

Also would prefer plug and play. Thanks.
You might want to hold off on the brake lights. I wanted to do those too and had several recommendations from others and every one of them came back out because they weren't as bright as the stock bulbs. (Which are piddly poor too...) I've spent a lot of money on different bulbs (including from superbrightleds) and am back on the old bulbs again until someone actually makes a decent 7443 LED, a complete LED tail light, or I get around to making a set of those 4" LED puck conversions.

BTW, all of the info you asked for is already posted if you use the search function at the top of the page.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You might want to hold off on the brake lights. I wanted to do those too and had several recommendations from others and every one of them came back out because they weren't as bright as the stock bulbs. (Which are piddly poor too...) I've spent a lot of money on different bulbs (including from superbrightleds) and am back on the old bulbs again until someone actually makes a decent 7443 LED, a complete LED tail light, or I get around to making a set of those 4" LED puck conversions.

BTW, all of the info you asked for is already posted if you use the search function at the top of the page.
Crap, I'm waiting on a delivery from Superbright, now. I thought the LED-s would be an improvement over stock for all the cars. I hope they're not as dim as you've stated. Maybe, I'll get lucky and receive some new and improved bulbs.:roll:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I think that the problem you're going to find is the same one I had - that the Honda Element tail light assembly has a stupid (and I do mean s-t-u-p-i-d) reflector built right over the center of the bowl. The main purpose is to put a round blockage in the available output from the bulb, and catch sunlight and glare to wash out the brake lights just about when rush hour hits. Like I said, S-T-U-P-I-D.

The reflector blocks the light going straight out from the bulb, and unfortunately, all of the bulbs currently available from superbrightleds direct ALL of the light from the LEDs straight out the back. The only light visible from the rear is what leaks through that reflector. The E's big bowl reflector tail lights are designed for a point source shining out all sides and simply aren't designed to use LED bulbs.

The license plate lights, turn lights, and dome lights inside are another matter entirely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bright led

Head over to super bright bulbs.com, they make a 7440 and 7443 that consists of a rear facing 3 watts led and smt leds all around to fill the lens. I currently have them installed in the front and they are super bright! Check them out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Sounds like you want to do a full conversion...

For the most part: you can replace many bulbs with LED replacements. I purchased all mine from http://autolumination.com

As far as the turn signals go: I would do some research before you blow all your cash. The 03-06 Elements had a common problem with the turn signal system... basically, LED's draw less power, so the system kept thinking that with out properly drawn current from incandescent bulbs, that the LED bulbs were 'burnt out' creating the rapid blinking effect to indicate the driver. There is a fix to this, where you insert something in the turn signal line that evens out the current drawn to fool the system. I've never worked with it but hear it's something you have to do if this happens to you.

I can't say the 07's+ will have the same problem, but it is something to consider. Easiest way to find out: buy one and try it out. After the first time you turn the signal on, it should happen if it's not going to work. If it doesn't, and just works, then you're good to go!

Map lights: 194
Dome & rear light: Festoon 44mm aka 578 (get 6+ wide angle LED's, 120°)
Gauge cluster: Not sure what you can do for a 07+
HVAC controls: considerably more complicated, not a drop-in replacement
License plate lamps: 194

HID headlights: Let me emphasize this fact for everyone who is considering an HID conversion...
HID's are not intended for reflective headlight housings
HID's require projector housings to focus the light appropriately. Placing them in a reflective housing will scatter the light everywhere and create a consistent high-beam effect with no improvement on road illumination compared to the project housing. Additionally, you will be blinding on coming traffic and is technically illegal. If you're willing to spend the money, doing an SC front end conversion will give you the required projector lenses for the low-beams and supply you with halogen high beams which are recommended for such set ups. HID's require a full 30 seconds to reach maximum lumination, and are not designed to be turned on/off like high beams for all the purposes they serve. The end result will be a unique looking E (as SC's are rare enough as is) with the advanced functionality of HID's as they were intended to be used.

If anyone ever has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Head over to super bright bulbs.com, they make a 7440 and 7443 that consists of a rear facing 3 watts led and smt leds all around to fill the lens. I currently have them installed in the front and they are super bright! Check them out.
Had em in the tail lights and they're worthless but they'd probably be great in the front like you said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts