Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have searched the forums high and low for a straight answer, and I haven't found what I am looking for. I have a 2005 Element.

I need to get replacement bulbs for the instrument cluster. All seven of them should be the same size. However, I cannot seem to find any specific type / size information. I saw the list that someone posted ages ago, but it's super vague and the official Honda bulbs are INSANELY expensive.

I also need the HVAC dial / button lights. The three upper bulbs are one size, and the three lower bulbs are another size.

LED replacements all around would be best, but I'll use incandescent bulbs if I have to in order to get all of the lights working again.

Can anyone link me directly to where I can buy these without paying hundreds of dollars for them?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

The instrument cluster lights are the easy ones... I got those in LED format, no problem.

The list that you sent, as the other lists that I have seen, don't give any specific information about the HVAC bulbs.

Also, the thread that you linked to has no specific information about the replacement bulbs themselves (size, socket, etc).

Anyone have some more detailed info (links are especially helpful) in regards to purchasing non-OEM replacement HVAC bulbs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an HVAC light (temp dial) go out. I wanted to replace with LED's as well, but found that it is quite a process and doesn't look that great (at least the temperature knob didn't).
The HVAC bulbs have a very long base, and you have to take out the incandescent bulb from the base, and reattach the LED bulb to that base. Here is a video I found that does the process, along with showing the result.

Here is a detailed parts list for the HVAC lights (At least for my 2005)

To replace all of the HVAC lights, I believe you need
3x 79629-S3V-A01
3x 79629-SCV-A01

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the info!

The instrument cluster lights are the easy ones... I got those in LED format, no problem.

The list that you sent, as the other lists that I have seen, don't give any specific information about the HVAC bulbs.

Also, the thread that you linked to has no specific information about the replacement bulbs themselves (size, socket, etc).

Anyone have some more detailed info (links are especially helpful) in regards to purchasing non-OEM replacement HVAC bulbs?

Thanks!
There's a total of (9) instrument cluster bulbs and those bulbs and sockets come apart...so it's easy to remove the bulb and replace with LEDs as outlined in the thread. The existing socket is reused. The thread gives a link to LEDs on Amazon that I and the OP used. If you want to use LEDs other than those recommended...you'll want to find those on your own. Sockets are also available separately on Amazon and Ebay...and easily found with a cursory search.

The HVAC bulbs are integrated with their sockets, proprietary and expensive...there's just no way around that unless you want to dismantle the old bulb/sockets and "rebuild" them yourself as LED. There's more than one video on youtube which shows demonstrates that.

As Crazed98Camaro indicates...OEM HVAC bulbs part #'s are:

79629-S3V-A01 for the large dial bulb (3)
79629-SCV-A01 for the small switch bulb (3)
35871-S3N-901 for the tiny hazard switch bulb (1)

As I mentioned in the thread...I replaced my instrument cluster lights with LEDs because it's easy, cheap and overall a superior solution to the OEM bulbs.

On the HVAC controls however, there's no cheap solution unless you "make" the LEDs yourself from a new "raw" LED and an old socket. That wasn't for me so I decided to "buy once and cry once" and go with the OEM HVAC bulbs.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there friends!

Thank you both SO much for those replies. Very straight forward and excellent explanations!

What you were talking about makes SO much sense. I was like, "How in the world can you snap an LED into those tiny little housings with little wires threaded through them?"... Now, with your answers, it is clear that it's just not really an option.

The best thing about this is that now I can just do what you've both suggested... Just buy the stupid HVAC bulbs and get it over with, lol!

Much, much appreciated. I think that this will save a lot of people a lot of time.

Element Owners Unite! :))))))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts