Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating the purchase of a left over 2007 element sc A/T with 400 miles. The dealer says he will go to $18500 but I still feel as though it should be cheaper. I know its brand new but it still has sat on the lot for nearly 3 years which brings up the concern about immediate tire and brake problems.

How much incentive does this dealer really have to sell the car. He is also claiming a $795 dealer fee which I believe is high too.

Please post your opinions.

·
12,180 Posts
I have been contemplating the purchase of a left over 2007 element sc A/T with 400 miles. The dealer says he will go to $18500 but I still feel as though it should be cheaper. I know its brand new but it still has sat on the lot for nearly 3 years which brings up the concern about immediate tire and brake problems.

How much incentive does this dealer really have to sell the car. He is also claiming a $795 dealer fee which I believe is high too.

Please post your opinions.

I am in canada so i am not even going to touch the price issue.

But as bargaining tool i would ask that the brakes be serviced and new tires be installed if you are concerned about potential flat spotting.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
According to Kelley blue Book the retail value is $22,220 and the private party value is $19,720. I don't think $18500 is a bad price.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If it's what your looking for, 18,000 to 18,500 is a very good price.

You did not tell what area of the country your from, so an approximation is all we can give you.

In this area, this car books for 19,200 to 19,700 with 5,000 miles on it. That's the lowest number of miles the book allows for. That's what the dealer would allow for trade in value. The resale value is still above 21,000$.

Dom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We like the styling of the car but find the interior seat cover design to be hideous so for it to be a consideration these would have to be redone with a sport cloth or leather. I know that this can be accomplished but the swirl design on the door panel would have to be taken care of too.

You may ask, why the sc then? It's because we like the exterior but not the orange interior.

I FORGOT TO LIST THAT THEY HAVE 5 ON THEIR LOT. 2 SILVER AND 3 BLACK.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know about the price...we just bought a new LX (2009) and paid 18,500 out the door...taxes. license, and everything. cash talks with dealers down here because of the terrible economy. We never pay dealer prep fees...that's the first thing to go when starting to negotiate.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
"I FORGOT TO LIST THAT THEY HAVE 5 ON THEIR LOT. 2 SILVER AND 3 BLACK."

What part of the country are you in? I am looking for an Element and that would fit the bill nicely.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We just bought our 07 SC w/33k on the clock for $18,499; so that deal is a steal!

PS: Both Kelly & NADA have the 07 SC listed at 19,500-21,500 w/33k on the clock.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
What dealer has these leftover 2007s?

I'm very interested to know.
More info (where is the Dealer located).....................I might be interested

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
According to the 07-08 brake recall thread, Honda has a stop sale on them. So until Honda 'fixes' the problem you are SOL on an 07.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts