Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed that when I use my keyless entry to unlock my E that only my right side blinks twice. Also when I drive with my parking lights on only my right side parking light comes on, but when I use my blinker my left parking light blinks. Don't the parking lights use the same bulb for the blinker? I am talking about the orange bulb within the headlight housing, NOT the side markers. Anyone know whats up? Do I just need to replace my parking light bulbs or is it something else?

Thanks, ExOxM

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
You've got something mixed up....either with the car or with your description.....or i'm misunderstanding the situation. :wink:

The turn signals light up with the turn indicator/stalk or with the 4ways (hazzard lights). They are yellow.

I forget (and the E is at work) but I think the keyless entry activates the parking lights, not the the turn signals.

The parking lights (tail lights) come on when the headlight switch is turned 1/2 way or all the way. They are yellow in the front, red in the rear.

The brake ligts come on with the brakes, and are red.

The bulbs in the lower half of the light assemblys are "two filiment" or two function....one filment does brake lights, the other "tail" or parking lights.

If one filiment is burnt out, you replace the whole bulb. There are 4 (I think) screws holding the lamp assembly in the rear.....unscrew, pull out the assy, twist out the bulb holder and replace. Easy.

Good luck.

EDIT-woops...you're talking about the front! Yes, the bulb needs to be replaced. click this for bulb info.

Will

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool I have the day off tomorrow so I will replace the bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts