Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 600 miles my windshield crack already. I had addressed this issue when I was purchasing it as well as others here. Was told they had never had problems with it.

Took my car over to the dealer service manager, "sorry that was caused by a stone not stress" I have been in that car every mile it has been driven, I don't recall eanything hitting it. I asked to speak to the GM - she went to bat for me - Honda is going to fix it. I had told them, that if they weren't going to fix I wanted them to take the car back - it would not be fun to drive a car that you would have to drive in vacuum if something hit myshield to break it. I appreciated them goijng to work for me - but sure hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem. I have driven 100's of thousands of miles and only twice did i get hit hard enough to create a crack, both times they were huge rocks (one from a gravel truck) and I heard them hit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad your dealer went to bat for you. I addressed it with my dealer before hand, and now they aren't backing me. There isn't going to be a car magazine, insurance company, or consumer insight group that doesn't know about this problem when I'm done sending all of my letter. (And I'm CC-ing my crappy dealer on every one!)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Moral: Never trust a verbal agreement.

Get it in writing. Preferably on dealership letterhead and notarized by God almighty. :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Glad that the GM went to bat for you!

I was dring to Chicago (1200 miles into E ownership) and I got hit by a roc thrown from a semi....didn't even hit that hard and there was an immediate crack! It was caused by road debris, but luckily my deductable was only $100 vs the $500 price tag (including install).

I am with you though....I have driven many a mile and I have never had to replace a windshield before....I was a bit ticked that my brand new car had a crack for almost a month while I waited for the back ordered windshield!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't believe this has happened to so many of us. I had my E for four days when a very small piece of gravel hit my windshield and made a tiny crack in it. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Just chalked it up to bad luck and had it fixed (they repaired it with glass resin since it was so small). The guy who fixed it said he had just fixed a similar crack on another E too. :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
While we were driving along the highway this past Tuesday, my windshield suddenly cracked - starting at the middle of the dashboard and propagating up to about eye level of the driver.

I did not hear or see anything hit the windshield.

I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow -- will keep you posted.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine cracked in the middle as well. That's why I thought it must have been gravel. But it's a crack, not a chip or a star like you usually get with a rock. It would have spread if I hadn't gotten it fixed right away. I'm still upset about it because even though they "fixed it" you can still see it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have 3000 miles on my E so far and hoping that this dosn't happen to me but I am kind of expecting it to happen, if it does happen it wouldnt hurt to print this thread up and bring it to the dealer for amo. I did this with PlanetFeedback.com when I had my windows fall down on my VW multiple times and they did help me out because I was able to prove that it was a known problem with window regulators. Now VW is fixing windows for 7 years and unlimted miles. I feel sorry for the poor saps that paid $400.00 a clip to fix a regulator and got screwed because af a manufacturing f**ck up. Lets not let this happen to us as E owners. When we have a problem with windsheilds let planet feedback know and supposably the car manufacturers get these letters and actually do something about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts