Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: I PICKED UP MY E IN MAY AND I'VE BEEN WONDERING HOW IT IS GOING TO HANDEL IN THE SNOW. I LIVE IN SOUTHJERSEY SO WE DON'T GET THAT MUCH SNOW BUT LAST YEAR WE DID :twisted: AND MY FRIENDS CRV HANDLED BETTER THAN MY FORD EXPLORER4X4 NO SH** SO JUST WONDERING SHOUT ME ANY INFO :idea: [/b]

·
Registered
447 Posts
WE HAVE A 1999 CRV 4WD AND I USE MICHELIN ARCTIC ALPINS IN THE WINTER. THE VEHICLE IS UNSTOPPABLE WITH THIS SETUP :twisted: I BOUGHT 225/70-16 BRIDGESTONE WINTER DUELERS FOR MY 4WD ELEMENT AND EXPECT EVEN BETTER, ALTHOUGH THE GROUND CLEARANCE MIGHT BE A LITTLE LESS THAN THE CRV. THE DUELLERS ARE ON THEIR OWN SET OF ALLOY WHEELS. 8)

SURE FEELS GOOD TO SHOUT! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bought in Feb and we had snow till the end of may. I handled great. We used to have a 99 CRV and the AWD is different as it is on all the time. The element engages when needed. I did not have trouble with it. We are typically dry here until Jan. In fact last xmas I mountain biked on xmas day in perfect weather, The next time I got out was mid May and got caught in a snow storm.

PS I to am worried about the clearance. Snow gets deep at the cabin and I hope I don't have trouble getting in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The 225/70 Duelers give a little extra ground clearance (about a half inch).

We also have a 99 CRV, it's not on all the time, it's part time just like the Element.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts