Honda Element Owners Club banner

861 - 878 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
22x8.5 +32 Von Max VM4's on 235/30 front, 245/30 rear. Not entirely sure if I like them or not especially with the car at stock ride height. Only paid $200 for them with new tires so likely selling them to find some 20'' wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree. I was planning on painting them black chrome or plasti dip them but just wanted to see how they rode before I invested anymore time and money into them. Here's a rendering of the car lowered and the wheels black chrome.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I agree. I was planning on painting them black chrome or plasti dip them but just wanted to see how they rode before I invested anymore time and money into them. Here's a rendering of the car lowered and the wheels black chrome.
Those looks pretty damn nice to me! ;-) ~Chief

·
Registered
151 Posts
These are '05-'06 Nissan Altima SE-R 18"x8" forged aluminum wheels (made by Alcoa) with a +40 offset (OEM is +45) on used 225-60R18 Dunlop Grandtrek tires. This set-up surprisingly weighs exactly the same as the OEM set-up yet sits .4" wider and .7" taller than stock (215-70R16).

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now lowered with Tein Street Basis Z coilovers. Initially lowered with a 2 finger wheel gap all around but the rear fenders rubbed going over dips on the freeway, and steep driveways. Had to raise the rear 1/2" resulting in a 3 finger gap. In the future when my current tires need to be replaced, I'll downsize to 235/40 to drop it down to a 1 finger gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just put some wheels from a 2020 Acura RDX on the tangerine dream.

235/55 R19s with a +50 offset.
Fronts bolted right up, but only clear the struts by about 1/8”. The fender liner by even less when turning.
The rears got a 5/16” spacer so the sidewall wouldn’t hit.
Not currently lowered, but considering a modest one (1-2”).

So far, no rubbing, and rides just fine. Barely any difference in feel for rocking a 29”+ wheel

Pretty conservative styling, but the price was definitely right. I may plastidip them some sparkly dark grey, but not sure yet...

56E31381-AFD1-4DCB-A814-10CA0A832FA4.jpeg

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’ll also throw in some “inside shots” to show some of the clearances. Stock tire size first at the front strut:

And the new wheel at just over 29” diameter and a little over 0.6” closer to the center of the car (inside clearance similar to top clearance):

And the new rear tire just barely interfering, requiring a spacer (pic without a spacer):

Hope that is helpful for people thinking about how a slightly bigger size might fit everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TSW VALE
20 x 8.5 40 offset
245/40/20 Nankang tires

no rubbing

lowering soon. BC coilovers with swift spring upgrade on order

·
Registered
48 Posts
i've ran 16 inch wide rims, 17s, 18s, 19s, multiple sets of staggered 20 inch rim/tire setups. i'm lowered on stock cut rear Element springs and toxico shocks with Moog adjustable rear upper arms (i had coil-overs in the back, but the stock cut springs rode better), and in the front, i'm on CRX springs (because of an aftermarket strut replacement) and i've got about 2 inches of clearance at my lowest point (depends on wheel/tire height). before the strut replacement, before the factory strut issue, i had coil-over springs in the front, with no sleeves. it ran and rode nicely, at a perfect height.

i've had a pair of 20x11 staggered mustang FR500 wheels on the back of my Element, when people said those would never fit.

on the stickerbomb rims below...they are a 245/40/20 inch rim/tire combo. i ran a 3/4 inch mustang spacer in the back just by choice, no clearance issue when it wasn't used:

Attachments

861 - 878 of 878 Posts