Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm in Orlando and I'm thinking how cool it would be if we could get some southeast Element owners together to caravan down to the Keys for a weekend.

It would basically just be the price of gas as the main concern. We could all resolve to get neighboring oceanside campsites at Bahia Honda or Long Key.

Think about it... a long line of E's driving down for a few days of turquoise water, sandy beaches...

(Grilling)

(Snorkeling)

(Tropical drinks... ok, cheap light beer)

(Guys with chiseled abs and girls in skimpy bikinis... Ok, well, I'm not doing any sit-ups... let's just all wear whatever until we're drunk enough to all look good.)

Let's organize something, here. I'll spearhead it if there's some interest.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I want to go!

I'm from mid-south but... Can I come too? Would love to head to the Keys sometime soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 12 exits away from the entrance to the Keys(Cutler Bay)....But I'm down for a cruise out....Count me in!!! (if I'm not working):grin: Been trying for the longest to get some guys together, hopefully this will work!!!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey Benny, sounds like a plan. Let me know when and we'll try to make it. :) How do u like the cold weather down here? I bet u thought u were still in NC. hahaha. U here by yourself or is ur better half with u ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Step One...

I suppose the first step is to figure out an approximate date... It's going to start getting warmer in the Keys soon (I say we aim for 80 degree weather?) and we may have to move quickly in order to keep from sweating all night long...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
872 Posts
hmm sandy beaches torquise water,bikini's , sounds like home on the emerald coast.!!! I'm already there !!! but it's kinda cold & overcast today. but I allways wanted to see the keys. :roll:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey Hooptey, How"s that trip planning going. If u set a date maybe my wife and I can make it .:) I live i Port St. Lucie.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I agree with ron"E"boy, pick a date and let everyone work it out if they can. This trip has the potential of being 'THE EAST COAST' meet of the year.

Seriously, pick a date, to quote a good friend of mine,
"Build it and they will come".

Besides, it will be a great chance to see The Don. :-D

·
Registered
290 Posts
flying in

The wife and I are flying into Key West on Feb 7th and vacationing for a week...if it happens then Ill be sure to show up.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Setting a date...

I'm glad there are so many interested parties... As it stands, I'm thinking mid-february and will have exact dates as soon as I can. I'm going to feel out the feasibility of getting 5-10 adjacent campsites at Long key or Bahia Honda, and will post results both here and in a new "official" thread very soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lived in Florida since 1991 and never been to the Keys....I've been thinking about taking some time off next month, so this could be my chance to get south of Miami....keep us posted.

Jim

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Campsite availability not looking good...

So...

I looked into keys campsites (State parks) on reserve america, and the availability in February is non-existent... I don't mean we can't get 10 campsites... I mean we can't get ONE campsite...

So, what are the alternatives that everyone would like to consider? Pack us all in to another, private campground, if possible? Wait until better availability? Meet up in the Florida City/Homestead Wal-Mart parking lot, circle the wagons, and have a hobo-style bonfire?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Love the Keys, Last time we were there we rented a 1.5M place in the gulfside tip of Summerland for $2000/wk.

If I can get a decent airfare, this will provide me with a reasonable excuse to make the trip.

Anyone up for riders??

HS

·
Registered
225 Posts
I graduate from SLU here in Louisiana in May. And for my graduation my Dad is paying for a road trip for me. Me and a buddy of mine are going to Key west. We will be there June 8,9,10,and 11. We will be staying in Port St.Lucie on the 6 and on the 7 headed to Miami for the Day. So if anyone wants to join us or meet us, just let me know!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
We would consider this trip.. Dying to get a photo op in front of the Bahia Honda Park!!! It's so fitting!

·
Registered
225 Posts
We would consider this trip.. Dying to get a photo op in front of the Bahia Honda Park!!! It's so fitting!
let me know.I will be in port st. lucie on the 6th and 7th and then headed to key west on the 8th for a few days. be glad to meet some other E owners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keys Trip

I would not mind driving down for a day or two. Don't know about Bahia becuase its hard as heck to get a space there but we can always hit the Holiday Inn. :eoc::food004::mystery:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts