Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bottle of Lexol. Well I don't like the smell. Smells like vinyl. Like cheap vinyl. I spent weeks trying to get rid of the toxic and nauseating new car smell out of my Element and and don't want to put smell back in. Then I thought I'll only put it only on the vinyl. Guess what? THERE IS NO VINYL IN THE ELEMENT! Its all hard plastic. It may be good stuff but I going to use Black Magic Professional Protectant. It was tested #1 against Armourall etc.

Another thing. Vinylex is not good for the outside because it comes off in the rain. For the outside I going to try non-silicone 3M Tire Dressing as an experiment. So far Mothers Back to Black has been holding up pretty good. Black Magic Total Shine is starting to come off in streaks after soapy power washes. May need just a touch up or a touch up for ever and ever.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ropedart - The Mother's back to black didn't make the panels darker ?

Did they lighten up?

I am interested in your opinion at this point on the Mother's Back to black..on Ext panels..

Mother's products have always been good to me..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ropedart: I have found that the only place that the Lexol streaked,in the rain, is where I put it on too thick. Otherwise it has done a really great job of protecting things. I just started using it about 2 weeks ago and am quite pleased. I use it inside and out.

Let us know how the 3M tire dressing works for you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ropedart. I feel your pain. I used Lexol on the exterior plastic surfaces of my E and lo and behold the recent rains washed it off and left it "splotchy". I'm returning to Auto Glym protectant for the outside.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lexol is still great for the interior! After applying it to the bumpers, I noticed that the bugs washed right off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
[quote:bb82a89dc7="E-lated"]Just bought my Lexol yest and haven't even tried it yet and chucked the receipt.. Oh well.[/quote:bb82a89dc7]
Don't worry about it use it on some of the interior it really doesn't smell that bad trust me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just testing on my tailgate. One end Total Shine the other Lexol. The center is reserved for 3M Tire dressing. One rear quarter panel is Back to Black and holding up quite well. Its still there I can feel it. Silky smooth. OOHH BABY! :p

The Lexol ran off in streaks. I did wipe off excess. Do I have to buff it all away? :roll:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think the verdict is in - Lexol runs rampant if used on the exterior.

I like it on the inside though.

Let us know ...Rope

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does the Back to Black make the panels look blacker? Can you use that on the inside?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anyone know how the Meguiar's Gold Class Vinyl & Rubber Protectant compares to Lxol and/or Mother's products? I bought some over the weekend and it seemed like good stuff, but I haven't gotten my E wet since, so I dunno how it'll do with that. I did learn my lesson about using in on the flooring - nearly busted my ass just trying to get in because my foot slipped. :oops:

·
Registered
96 Posts
[quote:647bac15d9="rodaniel"]Anyone know how the Meguiar's Gold Class Vinyl & Rubber Protectant compares to Lxol and/or Mother's products? I bought some over the weekend and it seemed like good stuff, but I haven't gotten my E wet since, so I dunno how it'll do with that. I did learn my lesson about using in on the flooring - nearly busted my ass just trying to get in because my foot slipped. :oops:[/quote:647bac15d9]

Ouch! sorry to hear but thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been using Maguiers Wax as U dry on my entire Element. This stuff works great. I wash my Element spray on the Wax as U Dry all over everything and rub it all off, no steaks or anything. I don't have time to waste using multiple products. I have two young kids constantly running around my Element with there hands all over the panels and no scratches. Hey its a wax it protects everything on the exterior and dos'nt come off like all these other products you are all trying. Think Simple, it's working for me.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts