Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Honda Element DX from Lia Honda in Williamsville NY.
when we made the deal,mike manzi tried to sell me a 270 watt,7 speaker am/fm/cd for $360.....
i bought the dx,made the deal to toss in the cd player......i pick it up.....has a 40 watt,2 speaker radio i could have bought at walmart for $79..(http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...ype=19&dept=3944&path=0:3944:3947:96481:14632).......
we discussed the 270 watt radio,and now he said i never asked him about cd player specs for the DX model when i bought it.well,he never said it was different than what we discussed either.then my wife is told (by glen?? sales manager) that they "threw in" the 2 speakers....$360 for a 40 watt without speakers??? when he said that,it left a bad feeling with me about HOnda and lia dealerships.
if i knew it was a $79 radio,i would have asked for something else in the deal instead.it also says this radio CAN be installed in the DX on the honda.com site.so honda is advertising something that they CANNOT install?
i feel that i am owed at least the difference here.i gave them a list of options that would equal the difference .john pazamickaf(general manager) says i got what i paid for.maybe....but NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD I WAS BUYING.no one EVER said anything about a 40 watt stereo. DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICES !!!
so now i have no options other than to make as many people as possible aware of lia groups sales practices,and file with the attorney general about web page.
if anyone else has had problems like this please advise me via Email ([email protected])

jeff pelletier

·
Registered
608 Posts
Jeff,

I am sorry that you had such problems. Most of the time, the salesman or the Gm from the shop is playing games. They do want to do whatever they can to sell a car.

I used to work for the AG in Albany. Do get in touch with them. While with just your complaint, they can't do much, they do keep track of what dealerships do cause what problems. With enough of a pattern, they will speak to DMV about pulling the licence.

I would also say you should write Honda USA, get them involved. These dealerships count on good feedback to Honda for awards and all. The more complaints, the better the chance that Honda will also look into it.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts