Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear window was shot out by punks with a BB gun. :mad: I was able to find the area where the bb went through on my window. The entry hole was still hanging onto the shattered glass in the rear. Only 50% of the hole was visable, the rest fell out onto the ground.

It wouldnt have taken much to figure out it was a bb gun if I didnt find the entry hole though as 14 cars on my street had their windows shot out that night.

It was $225 to repair it. Damn punks. People have no respect in Cali. :mad:

I would guess it was a rock in your case but could be a BB. The BB went through into the car in my case but I never found the bb. There was glass all the way up onto the dash from the entry into the rear window so I know it went through into the car. I really wanted to find the BB but after an hour of searching I gave up.

good luck on your repair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smashed Rear Window...Cost?

Hey Folks...

Long-time listener (reader)/first-time caller (poster) here with a question - and I hope I'm posting this in the right spot...if not, the Mods are more than welcome to move it.

Apparently I did something to p*** someone off somewhere in my life, because this afternoon when I came out to get into my 2005 Element, the rear window had a giant hole in it and there was a large rock sitting right in the cupholder between the 2 front seats (a one-in-a-million shot!).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this misfortune and if so, what was the hit to the old wallet? I'm not sure if it's going to be worth going through my insurance company or not...we've got private insurance where I am (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) and my deductible is $500 - although this one claim might cause a massive increase to my insurance rates.

So basically, I'm just wondering if any of the dealer-type folks out there might have any clue about the cost to replace the rear window of an '05 Element.

Thanks!

Jeff @ YEG

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about the insurance...acts of vandalism shouldn't increase your rates...

I hope you called the police???

As far as i know, for vandalism you shouldn't have to pay the deductible either...I don't know about Alberta, but that's the way it is in Ontario...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually, even though it was vandalism/theft and I did call the cops, my rates still would go up (again, stupid private insurance).

Regardless, it cost me just over $500 to replace the window at Speedy Autoglass - and my deductible is $500...so needless to say, I didn't bother going through my insurance company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts