Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get the EX in that dark gray/taupe color, but it comes with light gray interior! My dogs will destroy it. I have to get the SC if I want a dark interior and then the fabric drives me crazy! I'll have to have it re-upholstered. I just don't understand why they don't offer both dark and light upholstery in the EX for each color. I bought my 06 EXP because of my dogs. I don' know. It just seems incredibly short-sighted to sell a dog car with light gray interior.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lighter tan color interior work out perfect for me with my 2 tan color dogs. Perfect for hiding dog hair. :)
I always put my dog in the crate during longer trip. The only time they allow to be outside of crate is next to me on the passenger seat with seat belt on, & on the way to neighborhood park. I always cover the seat with pet seat protector, & bring extra towel to clean them up before bring them into the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lighter tan color interior work out perfect for me with my 2 tan color dogs. Perfect for hiding dog hair. :)
I always put my dog in the crate during longer trip. The only time they allow to be outside of crate is next to me on the passenger seat with seat belt on, & on the way to neighborhood park. I always cover the seat with pet seat protector, & bring extra towel to clean them up before bring them into the car.
You're lucky! One of my dogs is a nice dark Dobie. Her hair sticks in everything. Should look great on those nice light gray seats. I just wish I could get the E with the features I want. I'm usually drowning in dogs. The dark interior of my EXP works beautifully.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I have a Golden and a Black/White combo (Springer/Border/Newfie mix) so it doesn't matter what the interior color is, what color I'm wearin', etc.......dog hair is gonna show.
The light interior will just need to be cleaned more often, no way around it EXCEPT..............seat covers, blankets, mats, etc. then, if yours are like mine, the dog hair will find the one crack in the armor and get everywhere anyway. but it should help with muddy paws, etc.
Then, if that doesn't work you can always HOSE it out................NOT

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts