Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new Liquid Logic Duece Coupe Kayaks, or the new Versa Paddleboards? The Duece is a Sit on top ($829)with room for 3 and the Versa is a cool Paddleboard with optional chair as a seat ($900) chair is like $325, but you can by a camp chair for $40 and it works just as good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That orange one would look good on top of your SOP Element!
U

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both come in orange, I found out that there is a company in Austin Texas that makes SUP Paddle boards, Now I am thinking of getting one of these paddleboats.......or a SOT....:)

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Liquid Logic is primarily a whitewater kayak manufacturer who got into rec boats a few years ago (because whitewater is a tight margin industry). The company is owned and run by absolutely wonderful good ol' boys in North Carolina. You cannot go wrong with Woody and crew.

Personally I don't know much about touring or rec boats, but I do know they make some of the best whitewater craft on the river.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I found out that there is a company in Austin Texas that makes SUP Paddle boards, Now I am thinking of getting one of these paddleboats.......or a SOT....:)
Ahhhhh...that would explain all the paddleboards suddenly popping up. I work across the street from the lake in all the pix and have a view of it out my office window. (It's Town Lake aka Lady Bird Lake aka the colorado river in downtown Austin :))

Must see 20-30 of those things a day lately. It was like 2 or 3 last summer. Saw what looked like a class of about 12-15 on Friday. It's been so calm it's like glass the last few weeks. Good paddling I guess, but must be hot as :evil:

·
Banned
43 Posts
The same company also manufactures products under the Native brand. The wife and I both own Native Manta Ray 12' kayaks, and they're well-build and great boats.

We shopped for some time, and ironically, once we realized LL and Native were actually the same basic product, it narrowed a crowded field quickly.

I've been thinking about a stand-up as well, so I'm really stoked about the new developments.

However, I honestly think the Osceola is the better fit for me.

Great, now I have something to save my nickels for. So much for that Ducati I've been spying on....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mine is actually old enough its still branded liquid logic manta ray 14'. Looks just the same as the native ones did. I do like the looks of that tandem though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have seen people SUP'ng the small waves here in VA beach for the last 4 years. The local surfers aren't too fond of them because the the SUP'er catches the waves easier and farther out and kills their chances. I haven't tried it yet but its on my things to do list.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted a Sit on top for awhile, I was looking at the Stand up paddle versa board (but after hearing that they are being banned from lakes and beaches) I went with the Liquid Logic Deuce Coupe, I got the Deuce so the dog could ride with me, or I can take extra riders ,it holds 3. Yesterday I bought it and then tagged it and got the boat number...Yes Oklahoma is one of those rare states that makes you tag your Kayaks... More adventures to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok here are some pictures from Sunday, it was a good time until the rain came...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kayaking on Sunday, it was a good time until the rains came8)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts