·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
After hearing that, I will be going another route, it sounds way to civic to me, has that upper rpm fart noise. No offense, I am very happy for you that you like it, it looks great, fits the e well, just needs a bigger resonator or muffler.
Later
steve

·
Registered
523 Posts
After hearing that, I will be going another route, it sounds way to civic to me, has that upper rpm fart noise. No offense, I am very happy for you that you like it, it looks great, fits the e well, just needs a bigger resonator or muffler.
Later
steve
I gotta say, it sounds nothing like that on mine. Either it just sounds different inside, or the microphone distorts it. I agree it sounds too farty but mine is way different. Considering the only known difference is the tip, I suspect it is just the Mic. Either way, exhaust never sounds the same when not in motion. I would prefer to see the car moving with mic attached, a good drive by or from inside. If you don't like the Injen, you may want to avoid an aftermarket exhaust. I haven't heard or seen a better option on here yet.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Farty???!!!!!!!!

I gotta say, it sounds nothing like that on mine. Either it just sounds different inside, or the microphone distorts it. I agree it sounds too farty but mine is way different. Considering the only known difference is the tip, I suspect it is just the Mic. Either way, exhaust never sounds the same when not in motion. I would prefer to see the car moving with mic attached, a good drive by or from inside. If you don't like the Injen, you may want to avoid an aftermarket exhaust. I haven't heard or seen a better option on here yet.
I had the mic taped to the bumper right above the tip. Didn't adjust the mic volume any. I'll have to redo the video and put the mic farther away from the exhaust. The other video I have on YouTube has a lot of mic "rattle" in it. The sound is definitely less farty from inside the car. And there's a nice rumble when I'm cruising along, either on the highway or in town.

How 'bout uploading a soundbyte onto YouTube of your Injen E?

·
Registered
523 Posts
How 'bout uploading a soundbyte onto YouTube of your Injen E?
If I had the tools I would. All I have is a small digital camera. What if you placed the mic inside, but in the far back of the car. Would it be loud enough to capture the sound? The sound is very crisp from the inside and a bit more bassy. If you do it while in motion it may sound more authentic. Revving in park always yields gurgling and unnatural noises because of how fast the RPMs go up and down. Maybe it really does sound civic-y on the outside, I may need to have my girlfriend do a drive-by to check it out.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run the Gibson and I had it dualed out. Sounds a lot like the InJen in my opinion. I really like the look and the sound. My dealership is really impressed with the mod of my exhaust.

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=680804

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=680805

On this clip, it has my push button start but you can hear how throaty it sounds inside the cabin. Really sweet and this is the true sound to me.
http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=684069
Love the dual exhaust! Also love the sound. Sounds like my Injen from inside the car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I will never understand dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder... :confused: Is it even possible to have a true dual exhaust on a I4? It would probably sound louder if you weren't cutting the airflow in half with the two tips. I guess if you went with a smaller pipe to each tip it may limit that. But, several folks on here said the Gibson could get ricey, and yours clearly doesn't sound that way. Maybe your setup helped limit that. Dual exhaust was very popular on v8s about 5-7 years ago, but I rarely see it anymore. Glad you enjoy it though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Is it even possible to have a true dual exhaust on a I4?
Not really, but you could seperate the header so that two pipes come from each half, X-them in the center maybe and run them out 2 seperate pipes.

It really wouldn't work right since all the cylinders are set up in a line, but some people enjoy putting a Y-pipe out to the back, and creating more space for the exhaust to cool down so that it is not forced out as quickly and steadily and lose power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts