Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was looking to get some upgrades to my 2004 EX, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I would like to get some Led's (if it's legal, idk) for under the car, and possibly an exhaust to beef it up, but not make it Noisy. As in, I want nice sound but not annoyingly loud or sounding like a fart (lots of cars like that around here)
I'm no mechanic, but I'm pretty good with less delicate things like rewiring (Led's), but I would probably take them both to a shop so I don't mess up my Faye.
Any suggestions on good sources? I live in Virginia Beach if that helps...

(I know this probably isn't the right thread for questions but I didn't see where soooo.. yeah, thanks)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Ill chime in and take the brunt of the exhaust rocks being tossed, its a four banger, your not going to get a throaty rumble or "beefy" tone. I strongly suggest you reconsider due to the E's inherent cabin/road noise issues. Exhaust is a tricky mod as whats pleasant and acceptable to one person is a headache and irritant to another owner of the same vehicle. This can be from a drone tone at certain speeds or a completely different sound inside from outside. Odds are, being a four banger, its going to be a fart pipe. Ive heard many set ups on E's here in LA and to my ear, its all farty by default. No offense of course to those that invested in exhaust systems, everyones options and tastes differ.

LED's, check your local laws and regulations. Odds are its not legal to drive with any exterior decorative lighting but again, check and not just on a forum but actually check the law. They are very simple to source and install. You can hook them up to activate on an aftermarket alarm aux button (such as my work truck has in the bed and under the doors/bumpers for late night loading), the dome light or an external switch or stand alone remote. It all is going to come down to what your after and functionality.
Its not difficult yet a shop will likely run you up a nice $$$ to do the work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts