Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jan. 11, 2010

At 10:30 PST/
1:35 pm EST today, Honda will unveil the CRZ. Live feed

Dom

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i will be up at the autoshow sometime either this week or next for work. i will post up some pictures when i go. i had some from 08 but that was when it was a prototype still so it probably wont look anything like that ;-)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I clicked on this thread at exactly 1:35pm! Good luck ;-)

I'm watching right now!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks like an S2000 had a baby with an Insight to me.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You did not miss much in the first part. It was all about an Executive babbling about world market conditions.

The car looks sharp! I wish they would do a Diesel Hybrid Element!

Dom

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is another one if you were not able to tune in.

Dom

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
why doesn't anyone seem to have any direct front pictures of it?
maybe cause its as ugly from that view as it is from the straight side shot...:roll:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Someone on jalopnik said it quite well. "KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

My thoughts: All the hoopla for this? It's less awful than was the Crosstour, but it's still awful. The front's not too horrible, which is good because one needs a warm-up for the vomit-fest that is the rear fascia and the side profile of the car. The interior looks reasonably uninspired. Never mind the fact that the upcoming Fiesta nearly matches it point-for-point on the mileage numbers (beats highway, but is a couple points lower for city), puts out very similar hp/torque numbers, albeit at higher RPMs, has a ton of neat technogoodies, has a much smaller overall environmental impact because it doesn't have a ****-ton of heavy batteries in it, and will undoubtedly be less expensive because it, again, doesn't have the complexities of the hybrid garbage. So far, it looks like CR-Z fails as an efficient car, and I'm not seeing how it can suceed as a sports car.

That's a great business proposition you've got there, Honda. :roll:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It's an updated CR-X... Not bad, but why the hoopla from Honda? So what if it's a hybrid, a buddy's CR-X got 52mpg at it's high point and still cost him under $16k...

·
Registered
997 Posts
It's an updated CR-X... Not bad, but why the hoopla from Honda? So what if it's a hybrid, a buddy's CR-X got 52mpg at it's high point and still cost him under $16k...
we were talking about those here when the initial info on the CRZ came out. Problem is cars were able to be so light back then (weight that would make a current Lotus jealous). With all the safety requirements and comfort demands now they just can't make cars that light without really expensive materials.

The lightness and what people would accept as being 'quick enough' allowed them to get by with much lower horsepower than they could ever do today, the bottom engine was something like 62 HP and at the top they had 108 horsepower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-X

·
Registered
250 Posts
I will get a look see at the end of the week. This years show has an electric avenue stage. I am headed there first and then on to look at the new Mercedes convertible. After that its space out and wander around.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That thing is hideous, wow, very dissapointed over the production unit, looks like crap, mpg's not even close to what they originally were aiming for, and its UGLY!! Honda is really dropping the ball lately in my eyes with the way their lineup is looking and their features offered, they are dropping behind many manufacturers. It's bad when you see Kia and Hyundai getting a ton more attention in car mags and on the internet review boards.
Sad Honda, its just sad.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
FAIL!!!Looks like someone stuck an Audi front end on it and it didn't match up. They need to hire some better designers. With the MPG like that why have a hybrid. I would just get a fit and have seating for four at least.

·
Registered
590 Posts
we were talking about those here when the initial info on the CRZ came out. Problem is cars were able to be so light back then (weight that would make a current Lotus jealous). With all the safety requirements and comfort demands now they just can't make cars that light without really expensive materials.

The lightness and what people would accept as being 'quick enough' allowed them to get by with much lower horsepower than they could ever do today, the bottom engine was something like 62 HP and at the top they had 108 horsepower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-X
and they were pure awesome when you put an H22 in them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts