Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

We are proud new owners of a 2009 EX. After finally reading the owner's manual, we discovered that the carrying capacity of an Element is only 675 pounds! When we have our normal crew on board we will be exceeding that by 200 pounds. Should we be concerned? Has anyone exceeded the capacity of their E by this much?

Paul & Barbara (ex-Eurovan camper owners)
Minnesota

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome to the club fellow Northlanders!
What part of the state are you in? My wife and I are probably the farthest North EOC members in the state, unless you are up past Babbitt.

If you search for threads like "what have you stuffed in your E?" you will find all kinds of wisdom and whimsy on rated vs. real world capacities. If the E could only manage 675lbs I would have blown the tires off mine years ago.:D

Oh I almost forgot to IRV you. Please fill in your profile so we can better help answer any questions and we need pictures.:)

Bryon

·
Registered
39 Posts
GVWR rating is 4450lbs.
I'm unsure of the curb weight, but some googling on the older models suggests that it's around 3500lbs...so you more than likely have about 1k pounds of payload to play with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
GVWR rating is 4450lbs.
I'm unsure of the curb weight, but some googling on the older models suggests that it's around 3500lbs...so you more than likely have about 1k pounds of payload to play with.
I was just comparing the curb weight to my wifes car. Your numbers look correct.

Welcome BTW. We just picked up our Manual '09 EX Friday as well. I hope you're loving it as much as we/I am :grin:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I was just comparing the curb weight to my wifes car. Your numbers look correct.

Welcome BTW. We just picked up our Manual '09 EX Friday as well. I hope you're loving it as much as we/I am :grin:
LOL, my dear friend and roommate's been a member on here for the better part of two years. But, since he normally only posts in ClubX (being a Subaru owner and all), his post count has never moved. :lol:

Glad you're enjoying your E! And yes, curb weight is something like 3,527 or something 3,5xx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts